I’m going to use my Totally Random Tuesday post to get caught up on highlights from the last few weeks. Here we go:
1. I didn’t finish my August Mile A Day Challenge Things got hectic before we went to St. Lucia. I missed my run Tuesday, August 19th, but I did run on Wednesday the 20th (treadmill before work), and then the wheels fell off. Thursday we had a going away party for friends moving to Australia, Friday we had to run up to the cottage to watch the kids get their awards for Sailing Club this summer, and Saturday we went to St. Lucia. I did bring my running shoes and gear with me…but did not run. It was too friggin’ hot! Oh well. In the end I ran a total of 17 miles in August, which is 17 more than I would have run without the Challenge. I still don’t love running, but I think the miles may have helped since I feel like I’m a bit faster when we run during WODs.
2. St. Lucia was AMAZING!!! We had a fantastic week at Sandals Regency Le Toc doing not much of anything at all. We lay around in the sun, hung out in the pool, and drank WAY too many blender drinks! This was our view for most of the week…not too hard to take!
We did manage to snorkel a few times: once right in front of the hotel, and once we took a boat to a spot just a bit south on the coast from the hotel. We saw lots of colourful fish and a few ugly ones as well!
We played 9 holes of golf on the course at the resort. It was fun and a few holes were interesting as they climbed up the side of a mountain. The funniest part of the round was when a crab stole my ball on the very first hole. I just missed the green and he grabbed my ball and took it down into his hole with him. The caddie said I get a free drop for that!
We had a great week in the sun and were very sad when we had to go home, as you can see in our last day sad face selfie:
3. Winter hockey has started! It seemed like this was a very early start to the year, but we played our first game of the winter season last Thursday. Our team is a bit different this year, as a few of our regulars decided not to play, and others missed the sign-up deadline, but there are 6 of us from last year, plus my sister is back playing again (YAY!!!), and then there are a whole bunch of new players to the team. One bonus is my friend Nikki from CrossFit randomly got put on my team, so that’s awesome! We tied our first game 1-1 and I got the goal. It was ugly, but as long as it went in! We play again this coming Thursday and I can’t wait. I friggin’ love hockey!
4. Taking 2 weeks off from CrossFit is NOT a good idea! Between our hectic week before we went to St. Lucia, being in St. Lucia and Labour Day long weekend, it was 2 weeks between CrossFit WODs for me. That was not a good thing. My first WOD back was Tabata This and it was killer.
I started out strong, with my best row and squats ever, but then I tanked and ended up 3 points lower than what I did last time . Despite doing worse, my pain level after was higher. My quads killed me for 3 days after! Going down the stairs was pure torture. Thankfully I had a massage on Thursday evening and my RMT worked hard on my legs and they felt somewhat better. Hockey Thursday night seemed to help too, since Friday the pain wasn’t quite so bad. I need to remember how bad this was and not take 2 weeks off again!
5. I’m loving all the food prep that I did this week. I had a busy Sunday of menu planning, grocery shopping and food prep…and it was totally worth it. I have been eating well and feeling good about my nutrition choices. This week, I’m eating Nom Nom Paleo Prosciutto Frittata Muffins, Make it Paleo Breakfast Sausage, my own version of sweet potato hash, and The Paleo Kitchen Open Faced Sliders and Raspberry Swirl Muffins. Yum Yum Yum!!!
Now, it’s late and I’ve had a busy day. I played golf and hit CrossFit. I’m exhausted and looking forward to a good night’s sleep.
Hope your Tuesday was totally random!
Have you made any delicious recipes lately?
Feel free to share. I’m always looking for new good eats!