Welcome to the first Friday Five of the New Year!
1. We are 4 days into the New Year and so far I am doing very well with my goals for January.
- I have not had a diet coke – despite really wanting one a couple of times. I have drank so much water these last 4 days, I think I may overflow!
- I have not had any unclean snacks – despite being tempted by a counter full of chocolate and other goodies from some Christmas baskets we received at the office before the holidays.
- I have been rocking the workouts:
- Sunday: BobHarper.com Death by Kettlebell workout
- Monday: BobHarperLIVE workout and 5k Resolution Run
- Tuesday: REST
- Wednesday: 3k walk around the neighbourhood with hubs
- Thursday: Hockey (we lost, but it was a good skate)
- Friday: 5k run with my sister.
2. I’m 4 days in to #31Days. To help get 2013 off on the right foot, I am taking part in a 31 Day Challenge put on by Janice at fitnesscheerleader.com. After doing a little work on day 1 and 2 of making some goals and then creating a plan to help reach those goals, the last 2 days have been fun challenges. Yesterday’s was to move for 30 minutes. I had a hockey game last night which took care of that (we lost, but it was still good exercise). Today’s challenge is to go to bed early. I can’t tell you how excited I am to complete this challenge. I never get enough sleep…ever! So, I am going to finish this post, put my jammies on, read for a bit, and GO TO SLEEP!
3. I treated myself to a new toy! I have been doing circuit workouts for a few months now. I feel like I am working hard and I’m a sweaty mess at the end of the workouts, so pretty sure I am, but not exactly sure how many calories I am burning. When I run, I have a fairly good estimate of my calorie burn from my Garmin or from MyFitnessPal that has many cardio workouts in the database. I wanted something to help me with my calorie burn during workouts. I have been seeing lots of people posting pictures of their workouts on heart rate monitors and how it has helped them with their progress…so…look what I got:
I just ordered it yesterday, but paid for express shipping and it was on the doorstep when I got home from work this afternoon! I was super pumped to try it out and it just so happens I was going for a run with my sister after work…so I took it out for a spin. I’m not sure what I did, but the heart rate part of it didn’t kick in for the first 5 minutes or so? The time kept running, but the heart rate didn’t register. I’m pretty sure that the calorie burn isn’t quite accurate or the % in the fat burn zone..since the times don’t add up.
Hopefully I figure out what I did wrong that it didn’t register right away….but I still think it’s pretty darn cool! I can’t wait to use it for a circuit or kettlebell workout….which I hope to do this weekend!
4. I am so glad that this was a short week at work. Since my office was closed Monday and Tuesday for the Christmas/New Year’s holidays, I only had a 3 day work week. Thank God! It was hard getting up early again, even though we got up about a hour and a half later then we do when the kids are in school. Getting up at the usual 6:30 or so next week is going to BLOW….HUGE!
5. This is the kettlebell workout I want to try this weekend. I recently discovered a great workout website – www.fitnessblender.com I found them when I searched Google for beginner kettlebell workouts. I really enjoyed the first workout I did, and found another one that I want to try. Hopefully I squeeze it in some time this weekend. I can’t seem to get the video to load in here…so you will just have to click here to see it.
Once again, it is now late….but not as late as I usually go to bed…so I can still accomplish today’s #31Days challenge.
How was your Friday?
Are you still on track with your resolutions or goals?
Have a good weekend!!!