Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
I am not a big football fan, but I am watching the game tonight. I not a fan of either team, but I’d like Baltimore to win because Michael Oher plays for them. He was the guy who the movie “The Blind Side” was about. Up until the power outage delay, it looked like the Ravens were going to run away with it. Now, as I write, the 49ers have started their comeback and the score stands at 31-23 in favour of Baltimore. It’s making the game interesting, that’s for sure, but I hope the Ravens can hand on for the win. Time will tell.
Before game time, I had a pretty typical Sunday. (Oh boy…Kaepernick just ran it in to get SF within 2. Didn’t get the 2 point conversion, so it’s 31-29 Ravens.) My day started at the arena for my older son’s game. After a tough loss yesterday, the boys came out strong and managed a tie today. Given the way their season has gone, a tie is a victory for us.
After the game I got down to menu and workout planning for the week and hit the grocery store for needed supplies. Here’s how things look:
BREAKFASTS: Clean eating Hash Brown Sausage & Egg Muffins (I finally made these today, after not getting to them last week).
LUNCHES: Most days lunch will be leftover whatever we had the night before for dinner.
DINNERS: I’ve got some good eats lined up for this week:
- Mediterranean veg & white bean penne
- Tamari honey chicken & broccoli with almond butter sauce
- Sesame pork tenderloin & baby bok choy
- Crock pot Sante Fe Chicken
SNACKS: I’ve got hummus and veggies, apples, my no-bake chocolate cookies and I made some kale chips today, so have 3 containers of those as well. Hopefully this will all help me avoid eating any crap snacks.
WORKOUTS: My workout schedule looks like this:
- Monday: CrossFit 8:30pm (WOD is the Filthy Fifty…it looks tough)
- Tuesday: Fitness Blender yoga workout
- Wednesday: CrossFit 8:30pm
- Thursday: Hockey 7:30pm
- Friday: CrossFit 5:30pm
- Saturday/Sunday: who knows! We will be out of town with my older son’s hockey team for a tournament. That is why I’m squeezing my 3 crossfit workouts into the week rather than saving one for the Saturday class. Depending on what time we get home on Sunday, I may try to go for a short run, or maybe swing a kettlebell. I will leave it open and see what happens.
Today was a rest day for me…and I was very glad it was! I am achy all over. When I woke up this morning, I stretched and everything hurt! I tried to find a part on my body that didn’t hurt. I thought I found one with my forearms….but then I bent my wrist a different way and there it was….pain! I am not complaining…I love it. To me, the pain lets me know I am working hard and will be seeing results. So far the scale hasn’t moved, but hopefully it will start to move in the right direction soon.
What’s on your meal plan for the week?
What’s your workout schedule look like?
And just as I finish up….the Ravens win the Super Bowl! Yay for Michael Oher!