My Pursuit of Happiness and Skinny Jeans

My journey to a smaller jean size

The Pursuit: Day 6

on March 10, 2012

Today the schedule called for a short 2 miles. Despite the fact that it is the weekend, I was up at 6am to get my run in before we headed out on our drive to Vermont for our ski week. Not really too bad since once again, I was up before my alarm went off. I really need to figure this whole sleeping thing out as I am constantly exhausted and can use every minute I can get. So those precious 10-15 minutes that I’m awake before the alarm are very valuable!

It seems like the running gods were conspiring against me this morning. My run was filled with one weird thing after another and I was just downstairs on my treadmill. First I somehow misprogrammed it and after 5 minutes it started to slow down. My iPad was covering the display as I was watching a show while I ran so I couldn’t see right away that it was in cool down mode. I cranked it back up to speed and within another minute it slowed down. I finally realized what was wrong and reset it with the correct manual program. So, off I go again, only to have the video cut out twice. Finally got it going again only to somehow catch my headphone cord on my hand, rip the left ear bud out of my ear, and flinging the rubber cover off into the air. I didn’t see it anywhere so jammed the uncovered bud back into my ear, which was none too comfortable. Anyways, I eventually finished the 2 miles (with a little bit of walking in there) and was very happy to be done with this pain in the butt run!

When I told my husband about all the things that happened during my 23 minutes of running, he laughed and said it must be the results of the solar storm! Whatever it was, I am happy to be done.

With the run finished it was now time for all the last minute stuff to get ready for our trip. Kids up and fed, car loaded to the brink with 5 people and all their ski paraphernalia, luggage and things to keep the, entertained on the drive and we were out the door, only 5 minutes after hubbies desired time of departure. Not too bad at all.

We stop overnight in Albany, NY and hook up with the rest of the group we ski with. For some reason they like to stay at a place called “The Desmond”. There is nothing really special about this place. It’s old and has some neat, eccentric features, but every time we stay here something goes wrong with someone’s reservation. This year we are the lucky ones. Supposed to have a room with 2 queens and a room with a king (for my mom who is coming with us)… Well, we got 2 king rooms, not exactly enough beds for 5 people. We are lucky to have anything at all since they seemed to think we were coming tomorrow! Thankfully the kids are still little enough and light enough they can sleep on a cot, so we will manage. This will be the last time I ever stay at this hotel…EVER!

Hubby has taken the kids and my mom off to the grocery store to get some snacks and some drinks. I’m waiting for the wine to arrive!

I still need to figure out how I’m getting tomorrow’s 3.5 miles in…especially since we lose an hour to Daylight Savings tonight. I’m thinking I will run tomorrow after we come off the slopes for our first afternoon of skiing. Wish me luck!

I’m going to enjoy the last few minutes of peace and quiet before they get back and the others in our group arrive. It may be the last solitude I get for the next 7 days. That’s one things that going for a run will get me…some peace and quiet!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: