I’m on Day 18 of My Pursuit. So far, I think it’s going fairly well:
- I’ve made all but 1 of my training runs and I think I’m getting a bit better.
- With the exception of last Sunday, each run seems to be getting a bit less painful, so I think that is good progress.
- I’m still loving the Couch to Half Marathon training app that I’ve got on my iPad. (If you haven’t checked it out yet, you really should. It’s great.)
- I’m getting caught up on all the TV I’ve missed as each morning I pick a show to watch while I run.
- Today I was able to wear a pair of jeans that were too tight 3 weeks ago. Yay!!!
All of this is helping to keep me motivated and gets me out of bed so early each morning. So, I think the training part of my Pursuit is in a good place and I’m confident I can keep it going.
The next part of my Pursuit that I need to keep moving along in the right direction is the healthy eating. As you know, I’ve recently started to try the “Eat Clean” approach. I’ve made 5 recipes so far, and all of them have been really tasty. So, now I’m digging out my back issues of Clean Eating Magazine and searching for more fantastic recipes.
I really wish I had all of these digitally. I’m loving going through the 2 months that I have digitally and bookmarking all the recipes that I want to try. Too bad Clean Eating doesn’t follow the same philosophy as Golf Digest and Wired magazine…if you subscribe to the paper edition of these magazines, they give you the digital version of it for free…and the digital versions have some really cool additions that work on the iPad. Maybe it’s something that those at Robert Kennedy Publishing should consider??
Anyways, I’m off to bed with my magazines in search of deliciousness. Feel free to pass along any clean recipes that you’ve got. I’d love to try them.