Today I was a bit caught off guard by the countdown widget on the side of my blog. I put it there when I first set the blog up and it said 2 months, and seemed to say that forever. Today I just noticed that it is actually now counting down the days, and there are only 20 more days to go until race day! YIKES!!! It’s getting close!
I was poking around the run website and saw they had a video from last year’s run. I took a look at it and feel a bit inspired and ready to give it my best shot. It sounds like we get to run by the Fire Fighter Water Station 3 times. That might be just what I need to keep me going! Check it out.
Today was a Rest Day in my training schedule – YAY! Tomorrow I’ve got 3 miles + Core. I’m going to have to get up and run that before work, since tomorrow after work I start my EWGA golf season and I’m teeing off at 5pm. Can’t wait! I got my new putter cut down two inches, so now it fits me perfectly. Can’t wait to try it out and see how it works on course. I’ll fill you in on the golf tomorrow.
Tonight for dinner I wanted to get back on the Clean Eating train since yesterday I indulged at the baby shower with beer and cake, and then had a cheeseburger for dinner. It was all so tasty and yummy, but today I wanted to get back on the plan. I had a package of tofu in my fridge that needed to get eaten before it went bad, so I found a recipe that I thought I would be able use it in. The Clean Eating June issue just came out and it has 30 recipes for chicken. I took one of those recipes and substituted my tofu for the chicken. Singapore Noodles with Chicken (Tofu), Bell Peppers & Peanut-Curry Sauce. It was pretty simple to prepare with a few modifications along the way.
- cook 6oz of buckwheat (soba) noodles or whole wheat spaghetti according to directions on package (I used the whole wheat spaghetti)
- in large skillet, heat 1 tsp of safflower oil on medium high.
- add 2 cups trimmed and chopped leeks, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 1 each chopped red and green bell pepper (I didn’t have any leeks, so used 3 green onions and half a white onion)
- saute for 3 minutes, or until veggies soften
- add 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed, and cook stirring frequently for 3 minutes until golden brown (I substituted 1 package of firm tofu, cut into small pieces)
- add 2 tbsp curry powder, sea salt and pepper to taste
- stir to coat and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, until curry is fragrant
- in a small bowl, combine 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth and 2 tbsp natural unsalted butter (I didn’t have any of the clean PB, so just used some Skippy Crunchy)
- add broth/peanut mixture to skillet, stir to coat and bring to a simmer
- cook for 3 minutes until chicken is cooked
- add noodles and cook until heated through (I just served the noodles in individual bowls and added the sauce to the noodles)
- top with chopped green onions
It was quite tasty. A 2 cup serving is 415 delicious calories. Best part…leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
Hope you all had a great Monday and got your week off to a good start. See you tomorrow!