I have survived another week of work…yay! That means it’s time for my Friday Five:
1. Today is a beautiful day. The weather is fantastic here in my part of the world and I am enjoying some sunshine on the back deck. The only way it could be better is if I was enjoying a Corona at the same time. Buy, since I am training I am foregoing the beer and instead drinking a nice tall glass of ice water. It is NOT the same, but I know it is better for me than the beer. I will have plenty of time after the race to get caught up on my Corona consumption. Two more weeks….I can do it!
2. More David’s Tea. I was back at the tea shop this week to get more Coco Chai Rooibos, since I drank all of my original batch. I ventured out and expanded my tea horizons, picking up two new flavours: Forever Nuts and Organic Gold Rush. I have to say they are both amazing. I may like them even more than the Coco Chai! I’m up to three cups of tea a day…usually one of each flavour. Good thing the Rooibos and the gold rush are caffeine free!
3. I am actually looking forward to this weekend’s long run. I’ve got 12 miles (20 km) to run…a long way, for sure! It won’t be easy, but at least I get to run with my sister and that should make it much more bearable. Last time we ran 10 miles together I had a great run. Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well. I’ve got a route for the distance from Jack Rabbit, so hopefully it will be a good one without and ridiculous hills like I tortured myself with last weekend.
4. What to do after the race? I’m starting to think about what I will do running-wise after the half marathon. I won’t be training for anything specific, but I have worked so hard to get where I am I feel I should keep running. I’m not sure how motivated I will be to just go run for the heck of it rather than having a set schedule to complete. Maybe I should look for a fall race that my sister and I could do. That way I get to cut back my mileage a bit, but will still have to get out there regularly. I see a search of the Running Room race schedule in my future!
5. I really want an iPhone. Currently I have a BlackBerry Torch.Work pays for it and I do use it a lot for work, mostly for emailing clients and for conference calls when I am working from home. I like having an actual keyboard to type on and I’m not sure I will like typing on the iPhone’s touch screen. I have a lot of friends who have made the switch and they love it. I think I am due for a hardware upgrade in July so I will see what happens then. Further complicating this decision are the rumours that the next iPhone (iPhone 5) will be out in October or December. Should I just wait until them to get it? So many things to consider. Those of you who have an iPhone…what do you think…should I make the switch over?
Happy Friday, everyone. Here’s to a great weekend ahead! Cheers!