Welcome to a long weekend edition of the Friday Five!
1. It’s the LONG WEEKEND!!! I have been having some very busy weeks and am so looking forward to the extra day off. We are heading to the cottage tonight after work and I can’t wait! The weather for the weekend is supposed to be amazing – hot and sunny all weekend. Close to 30 Celsius on Sunday (That’s about 86 F for those south of the border.)…and that is pretty warm for May up here in these parts. I’m looking forward to getting a bit of sleep, going for a few runs, and enjoying a nice cold Corona on the dock. Since I’ve been training I haven’t been drinking much, but I’m going to enjoy 1 or 2 cold ones this weekend. I can almost taste it now!
2. 9 days until Race Day. Wow, I can’t believe how soon it will be here. I’m sure this week will just fly by and my sister and I will be at the start line ready to go. There is a chance I will have a fan at the race. In the last few years, a friend who I have known since we were in kindergarden and I reconnected via Facebook. Turns out we only live about 40 minutes from each other now. She actually lives very close to the hill we take our kids for snowboard lessons on Friday nights in the winter so we’ve hooked up to ski together a couple of times and have been keeping touch through Facebook. Charlene has been following my training via the blog and Facebook and says she may come down and cheer. I’ve never really had fans at a race before, so it will be very exciting to hear her yelling like a crazy woman for me. She says she will be very low-key, but I know her, and low-key is not her style! 🙂
3. I seem to have hit a plateau in my weight loss. I am quite pleased with my progress to date, down about 15 lbs. Ideally, I would like to lose another 5, but I seem to have stalled. I’ve been around the same weight for a few weeks now. Overall, I’m happy with this, since my eating for the last 2 weeks has been less than ideal. Still, I would be thrilled if I could drop that additional 5 lbs. For the next 9 days I am not going to worry too much about my weight, but focus more on eating well and making sure my body is properly nourished for the race. After that I will put more attention and effort back on the weight loss and hopefully change my workout routine a bit…less running and try to add in some weight training.
4. I am dying to read the Fifty Shades series. I have the series in Kindle digital format. I’ve got a friend whose hubby is a computer whiz and he found the books for us so we could read them on our iPads. I am trying to finish Fiery Cross, book 7 in the Outlander series as quickly as I can so I can start Fifty Shades of Grey. I don’t really know too much about the books but I’ve got all sorts of friends who are reading them and they all say they are fantastic. My friend’s hubby actually referred to them as “Mommy Porn”! Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get the last part of Fiery Cross finished and I can move on to Fifty.
5. I had my fitting at Callaway today. What an experience! It was a solid hour of hitting different clubs, both mine and some Callaway, and examining club head speed, strike angle, launch angles and all sorts of other great pieces of golf swing info. The technician that I had also gave me a few tips for my swing and how to get greater distance out of my clubs. I learned that I could use my clubs adjusted to “3 up”. This means I tend to hit the toe of the club first, and by getting my clubs adjusted to 3 up I would have a better club head position at impact, which should allow me to hit the ball straighter and farther….and that’s what golf is all about! I will have to do some investigation to see if my clubs can in fact be adjusted. I have heard from other golfers that Adams clubs can’t be adjusted. Even if they can’t, I don’t think I am going to run out and buy a new set of clubs just yet, since I just got these ones last year! The best piece of news that I got at my fitting session was that the driver hubby got me for Mother’s Day is the right club for me! Phew, that’s a relief! Now I just need it to come in at Golf Town so I can start playing with it. During the session there were lots of cameras grabbing images and video of my golf swing. Check this out to see an ugly golf swing: My Swing
Happy weekend, everyone. Got any great plans for your weekend? Whatever you do, I hope it’s a good one.