It’s Friday, so that means it’s time for another edition of The Friday Five! Here we go:
1. I’m resting until race day. I was supposed to run 3 miles yesterday and another 3 tomorrow. I did not run yesterday since I went straight from work to a massage and didn’t want to “waste” my massage by running after it. I am not going to run tomorrow either. My hamstring pain is still there, so rather than push it and risk it getting worse, I’m just going to rest it. I’ve also heard that it’s a good idea to rest 60 hours before your run since you won’t be getting anything really beneficial out of these last few miles. All the work has already been done. I’m as ready as I’m gonna be.
2. I tried a new Clean Eating recipe today. On recommendation from my sister, I tried the Kung Pow chicken tonight. Delicious!
I’m quite impressed with how good all of these clean recipes have been. Other than that one dud turkey and chick pea burger recipe, the rest of them have all been fantastic. See my sister’s blog for the recipe: http://happierhealthiermorefitme.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/just-had-to-share-happy-friday/
3. I picked up my race kit today. There is no race day kit pick up, so this afternoon I headed down into Toronto to the Summerhill Running Room and grabbed my sister’s and my race kits. We got a nice long sleeve technical shirt from Mizuno ( I love the colour), a collapsible water bottle, some heel spur balm, fisherman’s friends, a Luna bar, and lots and lots of advertising flyers. Here’s the good stuff:
4. We got some new deck bling. We have been wanting to get some patio furniture for our back deck that we could lounge on. We’ve got lots of Muskoka chairs, and we love them, but you can’t recline on them. We’ve been looking at the flyers for the last few weeks and saw a set on for half price that we liked and thought would look great. So, after dinner, it was off to Home Outfitters to check it out. We liked what we saw so bought it. We’ve spent most of the evening putting the thing together. It is never as easy and it should be, but we got it finished. It’s too dark outside to take a picture of it, so here’s the shot of the sale tag in the store. I will post a pic of the real thing on the deck tomorrow.
We also got a hammock for the kids. There are a couple of hammocks at the cottage and they love just chillin’ in them, so we picked one up so they can hang out at home too.
5. The weather for Sunday is calling for rain. I would rather not run in the rain, so I’m going to ask everyone to put on their sunshine hats and send sunny vibes to Toronto on Sunday.
Happy Friday, everyone. I’m off to sit on my new deck furniture for a bit before I head to bed. I get to sleep in tomorrow…WOHOOO!!!