Well, we did it! We all survived the week and made it to Friday. Hello weekend!
1. The scale finally moved again. After hitting a plateau, and then having a couple of rough weeks where poor food choices led to a few pounds added back on, today the scale once again moved in the right direction. I made much better food choices this week, focussed on eating clean, and really reduced my unnecessary snacking, and it paid off. Down 1.2 pounds. Not a huge drop, but at least it was a drop! That brings my total to down 13.2 lbs since starting to track on MyFitnessPal, and 15.2 since I decide to do something about my weight.
While looking at google images for a picture to show a lower number on the scale, I found this one….it’s not what I initially had in mind, but it made me laugh, so it made it to the blog:
2. I am not reading enough lately. I used to read in bed every night for a half hour or so before I fell asleep. Now, despite having many books on my iPad that I want to read, I find instead I am getting stuck on the computer reading blogs. Don’t get me wrong, I am really enjoying roaming through WordPress and finding lots of interesting blogs and people and some great recipes, but I miss reading my books. So, I am going to try to tear myself away from the computer and give myself at least 15 minutes a night to read a book. I still haven’t started the 50 Shades of Grey series, and although I’ve started, I still haven’t finished the New Rules of Lifting for Women. Hopefully I can manage to pull myself away from all the great blogs I am stumbling upon and get my nose back into a book.
3. I allowed myself a treat today. I have really been trying to limit the number of Starbucks Chai Lattes that I drink. It has been hard, but discovering all these calorie free/sugar-free David’s Teas has really helped. I could have gone without, and just had a tea for the drive, but Nick is really missing his treat, so today we left for school/work a little bit early so we would have time to stop at Starbucks on our way down into the city. I have to admit, it was good! There’s just something about that first sip. Mmmmmm.
4. I think I may have found a new running partner! Since my half marathon 3 weeks ago, I haven’t been out running that much. I’ve done 3 runs so far. I’ve realized that I need to get back on a training program so that I’ve got a schedule and can plan my runs. My sister and I were going to find a fall half to run, but then she broke a bone in her foot and isn’t going to be running any time soon. I was prepared to run alone, but then my friend Tony started making the comments on Facebook that made it seem like she might want to run. I’ve suggested that we could run together and she’s agreed! We haven’t worked out any of the details yet, but we are golfing together tomorrow and car pooling to the course, so we should have time to see if we can figure this out. It would be great if we can swing it. Toni is friggin’ hilarious and I’m sure we would have a great time running together.
5. I’m going golfing tomorrow! My friend Kathy, the speedy runner who I call Jack Rabbit, has been dying to go golfing. Earlier in the week she sent out a text to a bunch of girls and we’ve got 5 or 6 of us who are going to play Nobleton Lakes tomorrow morning. I’m super excited to get out there. Other than my girls golf weekend in Niagara, I don’t get out for many full rounds of 18 holes. The chapter championship for my EWGA league is less than a month away, so getting some practice playing a full 18 holes will be good for me. Hopefully I can improve on my back 9 performance from my Niagara rounds…compared to my front 9, those back 9’s were horrible.
Happy Friday everyone. Got any big plans for the weekend? Enjoy it, whatever you do!