As has become a bit of a Father’s Day tradition, Rory went golfing with some buddies. He had an early tee time, and wanted to hit a few balls on the range before he tee’d off at 7:30, so he was up and out the door quite early this morning. He was lucky the course he was playing at is about a 2 minute drive away from our place, or he would have had to get up really early. As it was, he headed out about 6:30. He got up quietly, and I didn’t hear him leave…that was until he set the car alarm off! So much for a good sleep in! I was able to get back to sleep, but not right away. I wonder how many neighbours he woke up with the car alarm? It didn’t go off for long, but it sure was loud…especially with the windows open. He headed out looking quite sharp in his new golf outfit we got him for Father’s Day. Sorry, no picture, but trust me…he looked snazzy!
The highlight of my day was laundry and grocery shopping. The grocery shopping was much more fun than the laundry! I went through my issues of Clean Eating magazine and selected our menu for the week. Making the cut this week:
- Roasted Fennel with Tomatoes, Chickpeas & Lemon (from the July 2012 issue) – they didn’t have any fennel at Sobey’s today, so will need to find some before I can make this one.
- Sesame Bok Choy & Carrots (July 2012) – this is a side dish, so will likely grill up some chicken to go with it.
- Spicy Orange Chicken & Bok Choy (June 2012)
- Chicken Sloppy Joes (June 2012)
- Ham, Cheese & Broccoli Casserole (Comfort Foods 2012) – super excited to try this one, since my sister says it’s amazing! I think I will make this one tomorrow so I’ve got leftovers for lunch for the week.
I’ve got another busy week coming up. Work is a complete zoo. I’ve got golf and ball hockey on Tuesday. It is exam week at Nick’s school so we will be reviewing on our drives to and from school/work and at home in the evenings.
On top of all this, Rory is going away on his Boys Golf Weekend Thursday after work, coming home Sunday afternoon. I’m playing in a golf tournament Sunday afternoon, so we will likely pass each other on the highway as he heads back from Collingwood and I head up to Barrie. I’m playing in a breast cancer fundraiser at Tangle Creek. It should be a good day, with lots of laughs since I’m playing with Toni, Kathy, and Andrea. Knowing that when the week is over I get to play golf will be what keeps me going through my insane week!
My goal for the week is to survive! To eat well, avoid crappy snacks, and try to get a bit more sleep. Wish me luck!