The work week is done and it’s time for another Friday Five!
1. I need to find a fall race. Since my half marathon back on May 27, I have run a total of 4 times. NOT GOOD! I know I should just get out there and run, but I’m having a hard time getting motivated. It seems like if I don’t have a target, it’s not happening. So, this weekend I am going to check out the Running Room’s list of races and also take a look at MyNextRace.com and see what I can find. Hopefully I will find something towards the end of September or the beginning of October. At this point I think I could get back into running without it killing me…if I wait much longer it will be like starting over. I need to get on this.
2. I get to golf this weekend! I am playing in a breast cancer fundraising tournament this weekend with some girlfriends. I’m very excited about this because I’ve never played in a fun tournament like this before. In the past I have always been the organizer of tournaments so didn’t get to play. When I hosted tournaments, everyone looked like they were having a good time. Now I get to experience the fun of playing. I’m on a team with George (my usual EWGA golf night partner), Toni, and Kathy. We should have a great time…if the weather holds out. I’ve just checked the forecast for Sunday and it is not looking that good.
Hopefully between now and Sunday at 1pm the forecast changes! Send positive sunshine vibes this way, please!
3. I’ve joined a Scramble Team for my EWGA Chapter Championship. I was planning on signing up and playing regular competitive golf for the chapter championships, but over the weekend one of my friends from the golf league asked me if I’d like to join her team. I thought about it for a couple of days and then agreed to do it. Playing as a scramble team takes a bit of the pressure off. I may not be the best golfer (as indicated by my 33.3 handicap!), but I can hit the ball. My problem is putting many good shots together in a row. A scramble team might be a great thing for me. As long as I can hit a decent shot here and there I can contribute quite nicely. This is a complete change in direction from what I was originally planning, but I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve already starting to think about team outfits for the Sectional Championships in Niagara Falls in August. Since we are the only scramble team for our chapter, we automatically qualify to go on to the next round. If we win in Niagara we will play for the overall championships in Florida in October. I’m not holding my breath for that one, but it sure would be awesome!
4. I met the newest member of our Corona Crusher family yesterday. My friend Jo, and her husband Dan, had a baby on Sunday. Kenzie was a bit late in making her appearance in the world, but finally decided that Father’s Day would be a good day to meet daddy. My sister and I went up to meet her yesterday. Although she tipped the scale at 8lbs 11oz she seems so little. She had a hard time staying awake when we were there. Being 4 days old is hard work! She is just the cutest thing.
5. I am going to bed early tonight. That is probably the dullest thing you have ever read on a blog, but you don’t know how excited I am about it! Rory is away on his boys golf weekend so it’s just me and the boys this weekend. I’m planning on going up early and reading for a bit before I finally turn off the light no later than 11pm. This may seem late, but for me it’s about an hour and a half to 2 hours earlier than I usually go to sleep. An added bonus is I also get to sleep in. I’ve got to get Nick down to a birthday party at 11am, but that still allows tons of time for a good sleep in.
I hope you all had a good week. Enjoy your weekend. Got anything exciting planned?