Another week is over, and it’s time for another installment of the Friday Five! Here we go.
- It’s a LONG WEEKEND!!! After what seemed like the craziest week (although they all seem to be on the crazy side these days), we get to enjoy an extra day off in honour of Canada Day. The weather is supposed to be amazing and we will be at the cottage so it should be a fantastic weekend.
- O Canada! This might just be the coolest version of our national anthem ever. This whole song is performed using different types of beer bottles and cans. Pretty cool….take a listen.
- I’ve fallen off the wagon, but I’m going to get back on….just not this weekend! My food choices for the last little while really have not been good. Between being busy, not cooking clean dinners, having work lunches, end of school BBQ’s and just general laziness, I have not been eating clean nearly as much as I should. I’ve also had a few Corona’s in the past few weeks as well. A few while golfing, a couple at a BBQ, and I’m even having one now as I write this blog entry. But hey, it’s a long weekend, I’m at the cottage and it just seems like the right thing to do! July is only a few days away so I will recommit to eating clean and my half marathon training will also be starting so I will get back on track next week. Promise!
- My kids may drive me nuts this summer. Today was the first day that both kids were home for summer vacation. You would think they would be loving it and have so many things to do, but no. At about 2:30 this afternoon while I was working my cell phone rings. It’s Jackson phoning to tell me he is bored. Are you kidding me?! This is not a good start to the summer. The kids begged this year to not be put into camps every week, and we agreed, giving them 3 weeks home to just “chill and play”, as they phrased it. This may not have been a good decision. If I get another “I’m bored” phone call I just may have to institute the “I’m bored chore jar”. I’m sure as soon as they have to start doing laundry and tidying the basement they will find something to do!
- I’m about to start “The Pursuit 2.0”. I have committed to running the Niagara Falls half marathon on Oct 21. You may notice the new countdown on the right side of my page. I think I may have found a training program to use. It has hills, speed training and tempo runs. I need to consult with my personal fitness adviser – my sister Erin – and see if she thinks it has everything I need to get faster and hopefully finish this bad boy in 2:30 .
Happy Friday, everyone. Enjoy your weekend….especially if it’s a long one!
Hope your weekend view is as good as mine is! Cheers!