We all survived another work week…which means it’s time for…
1. I really need to get more sleep. I am totally exhausted today. I so desperately wanted to take a nap today, but it just didn’t work out. I am going to have to make a better effort to go to bed at a more reasonable hour and get more than 5-6 hours a night. This is just not cutting it anymore. I feel horrible and I think the lack of sleep is a big part of it.
2. I got to babysit two of the cutest kids ever today! My sister was going to get her hair done today, and asked me if I would watch her kids for her. Ryan was sleeping when I got there, but little Tanner would have no part in taking a nap, so we got to play for a while before Ryan work up from her nap. He is just the happiest kid around. When Ryan woke up, she thought she needed to watch a little tv…there are some interesting shows on TreeHouse TV! Check out how cute these two are:
3. We got a new toy. Rory has been at Nielsen for 15 years at the end of the month. To acknowledge his “years of dedicated service”, he was given his choice of gifts. He poked around the various awards, and despite there being some lovely crystal sculptures and cookware sets, he chose a telescope. Tonight the kids are watching the movie Apollo 13, and have just paused it to go out onto the back deck and see what they can spot in the night sky. I’m sure the telescope will provide hours of entertainment for us this summer.
4. I have to go shopping tomorrow! My golf Chapter Championships are on Sunday. I am playing as part of a 4 person scramble team. We have decided that we will have a team outfit – black shorts and red shirt. I don’t have any black shorts, and there is a specific red shirt that we are all going to try to wear. So, I have to hit Golf Town tomorrow! I’m not sure they have the shirt I need in stock. If not, hopefully they will be able to order it in for when we go to the Sectional Championships in Niagara Falls at the end of August.
5. I can’t wait to sleep in tomorrow!!! Other than getting some errands done (picking up our car from the shop, getting some groceries, taking bicycles in for new tires, and hitting Golf Town), tomorrow is a pretty quiet day for us and everyone is looking forward to sleeping in. I’m not that good at sleeping in any more, but given how tired I have been lately, I’m hoping that I can manage to get a few extra hours. Wish me luck!
Hope your Friday was a good one. Wishing you all a good Saturday Sleep In!!!