Another week is done (thank God!) and it’s time for the Friday Five!
1. I gave myself the day off today. After months of craziness at work, and an especially awful last 2 weeks, I was caught up enough to take a mental health day. I slept in a bit, had a leisurely breakfast of Skinny Overnight Oats in a Jar, a cup of tea, and some Christian Grey.
I did have to do a bit of work today, but it was so nice not to have to fight traffic. I answered a few emails and dealt with a couple of things that came up with one of my projects, but overall, it was a pretty low-key workday!
2. I treated myself to a pedicure today. After running a few errands this afternoon, I stopped into a nail place in a plaza and got a pedicure. It was a little treat to myself. I just relaxed and read and my tootsies got a new summer colour. I can’t believe that I am going to do this, but here is a pic of my new toes.
3. Continuing in my “day of me”, I managed to take a nap today! It was awesome. Just before 4pm I hit the wall. I was struggling to keep my eyes open, so decided to just give in and go lie down. Shortly after, the kids got home from camp and after a brief chat about their day, they were onto their final prep for 2 weeks at the cottage. Next thing I know, it is 5pm, hubs is home from work and it’s last minute chaos time as the boys pack up.
4. I’m home alone this weekend. Rory and the boys are up at the cottage for the weekend. I was originally supposed to go with them, but then I got Shingles and that was the end of that. Rory’s dad has a pretty weak immune system due to some health issues, so rather than risk exposing him to the virus, I am staying home and just Rory is taking the boys up. The kids are actually staying up at the cottage for the next two weeks. This weekend they will stay with Rory and his parent at our (Rory’s parent’s) cottage, and then Sunday, the boys will move down the road and stay with the cousins for the week. This has become a bit of a summer tradition. We have our summer holidays at the cottage every year the week after the Civic Holiday long weekend. The boys get a head start on that week by spending the week before that with their cousins. I am so jealous of the boys…I would kill for 2 straight weeks at the cottage. You can’t help but relax when this is your view:
5. I have no idea what I’m going to do with myself this weekend! I don’t remember the last time that I had a weekend alone. I have no plans and big plans at the same time. I want to get organized for getting back on track with my clean eating. I need to spend some quality time with my cookbooks and magazines and plan out my meals for the week. Once those are planned, I need to hit the grocery store for supplies to cook those clean meals. I’m also hoping to maybe do some scrapbooking, since I haven’t done any in forever and I am getting further and further behind. I also need to go for a run. My official half marathon schedule, designed by Jack Rabbit Kathy, started last Sunday, but I haven’t done any runs yet, as I’ve been trying to take it easy because of the Shingles. I think I will be okay. The schedule calls for 8km on Sunday. I think I will do last week’s 6km instead, since I pretty much haven’t run since my half in May. I’m a bit nervous, but also excited to get back out there. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Well, that’s five! I’m about to make some popcorn and watch a movie.
I hope your Friday was a good one and that you have a great weekend. Got any big plans?