Finally, it’s Friday!
1. I am on vacation!!! After quite a few insanely busy months at work, I finally get a week off! I am spending my week up at the cottage. This weekend we will be there with family, but starting Tuesday, the family heads home and all of our friends start showing up for our annual “Cottage Open House Week”. We’ve got quite a crew coming up with year. It should be a super fun week with lots of laughs, a few beverages, a couple of runs, and lots of time spent outside enjoying the view.
I am just waiting for Rory to get home from work so we can pack up and head out. I will likely have to do a bit of work while we are up there, which sucks, but it’s better than having to go into the office!
2. I have signed up for a virtual race. I am taking part in the Labor Day Virtual 5 or 10 Mile Race, hosted by Mommy, Run Fast.
I’ve never done a virtual race before, but figured since I am schedule to run 16km (10 miles) that weekend anyway, why not! Laura has some great prizes available. I’m not sure how the awards get handed out…hopefully by random draw and not based on speed, because as we all know, I’m not the fastest runner in the world!
3. I’m running in the Memorial Run. This is an initiative by Kym of agirlrunner who is organizing a memorial run for the victims of the Katrina hurricane in New Orleans and a few of her other friends who passed away unexpectedly around the same time. She is asking people to donate their miles between August 27 and Sept 3 and hopes to reach 1836 miles. Click on her run logo for more information about how to join and a very touching background story about the reason for the run.
4. I love Rest Days! My half marathon training schedule, designed for me by my friend, and running mentor, Kathy, gives me Friday AND Saturday as rest days. I cannot tell you how awesome having 2 days off is. Not having to get up early and run for two days in a row will probably be my most favourite part of this training. Especially since Thursdays are my Tempo run and I imagine as the distance for those runs increases (my goal is to build to an 8k tempo run!!!), that a couple of day’s rest before the Sunday long run will be exactly what I need.
5. I am dying for the next issue of Clean Eating Magazine to arrive in my Zinio account. The Clean Eating Mag website has been referring to all sorts of yummy sounding recipes, but my digital copy has not yet shown up. I got a notification from some other digital mag seller that they now had it and I could buy it if I wanted, but I subscribed to it though Zinio, so need to wait until it comes online through then. I am not the most patient person in the world and waiting for it to show up is just a little bit of torture to me! Adding to it, is the fact that it looks like it is available on their website now for new subscribers. I may have to send an email to customer service! Hopefully it arrives this week while I am on vacation and I can leisurely flip through it and find some delicious recipes to try out while we are up at the cottage.
Well, that’s it. Another Friday Five is finished.
I hope you all have a great Friday and a fantastic weekend. It’s a long weekend up here in Canada!