It’s that time of the week again…time for…
We have been up at the cottage for our holidays this week. As has become the tradition, a bunch of our friends come up and spend the week with us as well. We have such a fantastic time. Here are a few of the highlights of our time together.
1. My eating for the week hasn’t been the greatest, and the beer consumption probably didn’t help much either. I did manage to make one clean recipe this week. I made the Summer Pasta Salad, and it was delicious. I did modify it just a bit since I didn’t have any flaxseed oil, so I just substituted olive oil and added in a teaspoon of flaxseed to the dressing instead. With Balsamic Vinegar as the base of the dressing, this salad really has a great kick to it! It was a hit. I made a giant bowl of it, and we only had a bit left after dinner Wednesday night, which we polished off at Thursday’s dinner.
2. The kids got up close and personal with some nature. My brother-in-law Dylan was taking my 7 month old nephew, Tanner, out for a drive in the car to try to help settle him since he wasn’t feeling well and like most little kids, he usually falls asleep in the car. On the drive, Dylan noticed something on his back window, stopped and put the item into a Starbucks cup that was in the car. When the kids got home from sailing club they were all over it…check it out, a Stick Bug.
3. Dylan works in special effect for movies and tv shows and always like to bring some gear up to see if he can give the kids a ride of some sort. Last year he set up a 600 ft zip-line for them at a park just a bit around the lake from us. This year he made them a giant swing that flew out over the water. They LOVED it! Check out their videos. (Sorry that the one video is sideways. I have no idea what I did or how to get it to play in the right direction.)
4. The weather was less than perfect for our week. Wednesday we did get a pretty good day with the kids getting their chance to fly and we had a nice bonfire. Thursday is was raining for most of the day. It stopped raining after dinner and the die-hards hit the slide for some fun.
5. You can’t have a party at a cottage without a little “chubby bunny”!
Everyone has gone home and we’ve got the cottage to ourselves for the weekend to rest up and put it back in shape before we head back home Sunday afternoon and back to the reality of work and hectic schedules again on Monday.
The weather isn’t supposed to be all that great for the rest of the weekend. I’ve got a couple of runs to do this weekend as part of my half marathon training schedule. I’ve got a 4k tempo run to do tomorrow since I didn’t quite get out there today, and Sunday is a 14k long run. Hopefully the weather cooperates and I get a chunk of rain free time so I can do my runs. I have no desire to run in the rain, and I have a feeling if it is rainy, those runs just won’t happen – all part of that motivation that I have issues with. Yah…still working on that!
Happy Friday, everyone. Hope you have a great weekend. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for some sunshine!