Another week done! Thank God. It’s time for the Friday Five!
This week’s five are all about the EWGA!
1. The EWGA, Executive Women’s Golf Association, is an organization for women golfers of all abilities. Currently there are over 19,000 women participating in EWGA chapters throughout the US, Canada, France, Bermuda, Ireland, and Italy.
2. This Saturday, EWGA members from the Greater Toronto Area, Waterloo, York-Simcoe, Cleveland, Fort Wayne, Metro Detroit, Kalamazoo/Battle Creek, and Greater Grand Rapids chapters will be competing in the Upper Mid East Semi-Final Championships at Ussher’s Creek Golf Course at Legends of Niagara. In total, there are 82 women playing in 5 different flights, plus a scramble division.
3. Winners for low gross and low net score for each flight, plus the winning team from the scramble division will move onto the 2012 Championship Finals which will be held in beautiful Palm Beach Gardens, Florida at the PGA Resort& Spa on October 5th & 6th.
4. I am playing on the York-Simcoe Scramble team. Here is a picture of Nycole, me, Michelle and Marlene receiving out trophies for winning our Chapter Championship, which qualified us for this weekend’s Semi Finals.
5. Our scramble team will be put to our first real test as we compete against 6 other teams from the other Upper Mid East chapters. Only the top scramble team advances to the finals in Florida. I think we have a good shot at it. We have a practice round today and the actual competition round is Saturday. I will update on how we did in a post on Saturday.
So, there you have it…a little info about the EWGA and my upcoming competition. If you play golf and are looking for a league to participate in, check the EWGA US website or the Canadian website and find a chapter near you.