Back in September, I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Mommy Go Run. In September I was doing the writing challenge and didn’t really have time to do anything about my nomination. Now that the challenge is over and I’ve got a bit more time, I thought it was time to get to this post. First of all, thanks to Mommy Go Run for the nomination…awards are always nice!
I had actually never heard of this award before, so hit Wikipedia and Google to see what it was all about. I couldn’t find too much about it, but apparently it is award for up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. There are three things that those nominated for the award must do:
11 Facts About Myself:
- I have 2 cats: Crosby and Ovie
- I used to be a teacher
- When I was in high school and university I was a ski instructor
- I hate coffee – I’ve actually never drank more than a sip in my life
- I have a strange love of school supplies…I love pens!
- My favourite movie of all time is The Big Chill
- I love Bon Jovi
- I watch too much TV
- I love Corona
- My home town was the birth place of ringette (your next stop will be Google to find out what ringette is!)
- On October 21, 2012, I am going to run the Niagara Falls Half Marathon in under 2:30, even if it kills me!
11 Question I have to answer from Mommy Go Run
- What is your favorite way to spend a Friday night? Relaxing at home.
- Do you have any recipes that have been passed down from your grandma? What is it? I don’t have any…but my grandma makes a mean oatmeal cookie, although she insists on putting raisins in them..and I hate raisins!
- Are you paying attention to the election this year?(you don’t have to say your pick) I live in Canada, so I don’t pay that much attention to the election stuff…except for what I see on Jon Stewart
- Water park or amusement park? Amusement park
- Fancy hotel or camping? Fancy hotel
- Tennis shoes or dress shoes Tennis shoes
- What is your ideal career? Hmmm, this one is a tough one. I’ve never really thought about this before. My dream would be to not have to work, but the reality is I need to work. If I have to work, I don’t mind doing what I am doing now. I am super busy, and some days I’m super stressed, but my days fly by and I like what I do.
- Where is your dream vacation? Sun, beach, blender drinks, and Corona
- Movies on the couch or a theater? Couch…my homemade popcorn is so much better than that movie theatre crap
- Death row last meal would be? Coconut shrimp appetizer, a Milano from Grazie Restaurant in Toronto, and Crème Brule for dessert.
- What is one thing that you could do to make the world a nicer place to live? It’s not that much, but i refuse to litter. I hate it when people throw anything on the ground. People throwing their cigarette butts out the car window drive me nuts!
11 Questions My Nominees Need to Answer
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favourite snack?
- What is your favourite season of the year and why?
- Best book you have read lately?
- Cats or Dogs?
- What’s the scariest thing you have ever done?
- Do you own a pair of Crocs?
- iPhone, Blackberry, or Android?
- Favourite brand of running shoe?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Blogs I am Nominating for a Liebster Award
The rules I’ve read for the nominations vary from 5 to 11 blogs to be nominated…I’ve come up with 8. The blogs that get nominated are supposed to have fewer than 200 followers. I’m not sure if all of these meet that requirement, but I’m going to nominate them anyways!
- Girl of the Hour
- Bluebird Nutrition
- She’s Losing It
- Run, Fat Chick, Run!
- I Run for Wine
- Happier, Healthier, More Fit Me (this is my sister’s blog and I promote it every chance I get!)
- Fit Butt Fabulous
- Fit Girl. Happy Girl.