Hello weekend. I love you!
1. I am super exited for this weekend! I am going away with my sister and 8 other friends to Selwyn Shores, a B&B near Peterborough to scrapbook for the whole weekend. I am incredibly behind in my scrapping, so getting a whole weekend to focus on it is awesome. Plus, the owner of the B&B used to own a catering company and prepares the most amazing meals for us all weekend. We are leaving shortly after noon and I can’t wait!
2. I ran my last long run of my half marathon training program this morning….and it was AWESOME! Since I will be away this weekend I figured I would get my run out of the way so I didn’t need to pack my run gear or take time away from my scrapping to go run. I really didn’t feel like running when I woke up this morning, and it was raining a bit when I headed out…but I had a fantastic run. Coach Kathy (aka Jack Rabbit – who ran a 3:53 full marathon last weekend by the way…see why I call her Jack Rabbit…she’s FAST!!) says that this last long run should be at race pace. To reach my 2:30 half goal, I need to have a 7:06 average pace per km – which includes the walk breaks, so I actually need to run faster than that. Well, today’s 8k looked like this:
Check out that average pace…6:36! That is practically a tempo run for me, and I managed to hit that with my walk breaks included. I felt fantastic out there today. It was tough, and I was pushing myself, but I could do it. I am super pumped for next Sunday. I can’t wait to race!
3. After my run, I had a little dance party of 1. I was walking in the door and the song that was playing on my iPod just got me moving. I was dancing around my front hallway, singing at the top of my lungs, with the biggest smile on my face. The song was Rock the Boat, by Forrest. I just couldn’t stop moving! Take a listen and see for yourself. Does this song not just make you want to get up and dance?
I’ve even got an extended mix on my iPod, so I had a solid 8 minutes of grooving before I could stop and take off my running shoes! LOL
4. It’s looking like I might have my own personal Pace Bunny (or should I say Jack Rabbit) for the race next weekend. Kathy thinks she might come to Niagara to help pace me on the race. This is super exciting! Although I’m pretty sure I could keep myself going and hit 2:30 on my own, having someone to keep me moving and on pace to hit my goal would be nice! She’s even thinking I can do it in 2:20 – that would be insane! She is my running hero. Doesn’t she make it look so easy?
5. No more Corona…until after the race! Normally when I go on my scrap weekends, I take along a few Corona. Since I am 9 days out from my race, I am going to leave the Corona at home and just drink water all weekend. I might allow myself a Diet Pepsi a day as a treat – yes, I know it’s crap, but I like it! I will enjoy a nice cold Corona (maybe even 2!) after the race.
What’s your weekend plan?