I hope everyone had a good week. Here are this week’s Friday Five.
1. I have a trainer crush on Bob Harper. I am totally loving his workout program at BobHarper.com. So far I have been getting access to the site still for free through my Mamavation Challenge entry, but I am seriously considering singing up when that access runs out. These workouts are quick and dirty. 15-20 minutes and I’m done. There is no reason why I can’t find 20 minutes to do a workout.
2. I have signed up for the Resolution Run. This is a run done on New Year’s Day to make sure you start the year off in a good way. It is through the Running Room, with 5k runs going out of many stores on New Year’s Day. There are also a few stores that hold their run on New Year’s Eve. We chose a store that is running New Year’s Eve. This way, we go for our run, and then we are able to party guilt free and not have to worry about getting up and running on New Year’s Day. So far, we are a group of 4, but I think a few more are going to join us…and then it sounds like we are going to have a bit of a party at my place after. It should be fun…plus we get a sweet running jacket for signing up!.
3. I guess before too long I need to start running again. I haven’t run a step since my half marathon back on Oct 21. I’ve been focussing on my Bob Harper workouts and been playing hockey once a week. Somehow I need to fit a couple of short runs into my schedule. I may have to seriously consider “Runches”. These are runs on your lunch hour. My office backs onto the Don River and there are lots of paths through the valley. Plus, there is a small gym in my office where I can change and shower up after, and if necessary, I can run on the treadmill in the gym.
4. If you have a few hours to watch a movie, don’t waste your time on Flypaper. Despite having Patrick Dempsey and Ashley Judd in the cast…it is awful. We are about 15 minutes in and I’m not sure if I will be able to go the full hour and a half.
5. The End. This is something my son showed me. He thought it was hilarious…check it out: http://bw.org/end/
Happy Friday. Here’s to a good weekend!
PS…I suffered through the whole movie. It’s not winning any Academy Awards, but in the end it wasn’t the worst movie I’ve ever seen.