OH.MY.GOD. I know I say this every single week, but I am SO happy it is the weekend.
Here’s this week’s Friday Five:
1. My workouts for the week have been pretty non-existent. I was sick pretty much from Sunday to Wednesday and didn’t eat much of anything and felt too nauseous to do much of anything. Last night I finally felt normal again, so played hockey. Good thing I went, since we only had 7 skaters. By the third period we were all pretty much out of steam. We lost, and it sucked. But, it felt good to be out there and work up a sweat.
2. My diet for the week has not been ideal. Monday I didn’t eat anything. Tuesday I ate a few things, and it was not a good move. Wednesday I started to feel a bit better and had a bagel and an awesome Clean Eating Buffalo Chicken Salad. Thursday was partly clean with Buffalo Chicken Taco Salad for lunch and then I went out with my little guy before his school’s Holiday concert for Thai. It was delicious, but I’m not sure how clean it was. Today was NOT good at all. Lunch was Peking Duck with co-workers and then pizza and beer for dinner. Tasty, but not clean. Overall, not a great week. I need to do better next week.
3. I am enjoying the “Elf for Health” Challenge. This is a support system to help keep to a healthy lifestyle over the holidays. We have all been paired up with a buddy “Elf” to help keep us on track and provide some personalized motivation. Every 2 weeks we get a new elf. My first Elf, Brooke, is living in Israel right now, and we have been exchanging a emails and tweets for the past 2 weeks. It’s been fun and despite being sick this week, I’ve managed to get more of the elf tasks completed. On Sunday we get assigned new elves for the second round of the challenge.
4. I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s Elf for Health Challenge. Tomorrow, our elf task is to plan out our week’s meals and workouts. In the past (with the exception of the last 2 weeks) I have been pretty good about meal planning. I’m looking forward to digging into my Clean Eating magazines and cookbooks and finding some great recipes and meals for the next week. I’m also looking forward to planning out my workouts for the week. Since my Mamavation Bob Harper Challenge ended I have not been that good at getting my workouts in, plus being sick this last week didn’t help either. Hopefully if I write out a workout plan for the week I will be motivated to actually do it. I need to be sure to schedule at least one run in there, since the Resolution Run will be here before I know it!
5. I am debating whether I should join a gym. Since my sister is a group fitness instructor at GoodLife, she is able to get a “friends and family” deal for me. I’m not sure of the exact price, but I think it’s less than $300 for the year. That is a great price, since the last time I looked into it, it was closer to $900 a year. I’m just not sure how much I would use it…although if I build it into my schedule I can plan and prepare. I think she is able to get the deal in January, so I have a bit of time to think about it and see if I think I can fit it in.
And that’s 5! Now, on with the weekend!
Are you a member of a gym? Do you just go to use the cardio and weights, or do you do the classes too? How do you fit it all in?