Wohoo! We made it through another week. And that means it’s time for another edition of…
1. I made another new Clean Eating recipe tonight for dinner. Mongolian-Style Beef Crepes with Spiced Yogurt. There was a bit of prep turning 4 carrots into match sticks, but other than that, the rest of the prep was quite easy – chop some cabbage, slice an onion, slice some sirloin, and sauté it all up. Hubs took care of crepe duty…and the result was delicious!
This picture doesn’t really do this dish justice. I really need to work on my food photography skills. The recipe had a Greek yogurt sauce that was flavoured with cumin and turmeric. The sauce was okay, but the crepes needed a little something, so we added some hoisin sauce and that put them over the top. Great tasting and only 343 calories for 2 crepes and 1 cup of the beef mixture. There is enough left for my lunch tomorrow..without a crepe. My son stole the last crepe to eat just by itself since he loves crepes so much!
2. I didn’t go to CrossFit today, but I’m back at the Box tomorrow morning. I kind of missed not going today, but I am enjoying just sitting on the couch chilling. I’m going to the 9am class tomorrow morning, when the WOD will be:
I’ve only done snatches once, during one of the 2013 open workouts. I liked them, so I’m looking forward to doing them again tomorrow. The knees to elbows are a different story. I’ve done them once before too, and I’m not looking forward to doing them again! I was less than successful with them last time I tried them. I think I did them in my first week or two at CrossFit, so hopefully I will see a nice improvement.
3. Tomorrow I hope to shop for some workout equipment. I found a store down in Markham that has good quality chin up bars and speed skipping ropes. I need both of these so I can practice my kipping pull ups and my double unders at home. I have been practicing my double unders with a crappy plastic rope that is too short. I’m hoping if I get a good rope, I will improve more quickly. It’s kind of hard to practice kipping and pull ups without a bar, so definitely need one of those!
4. I’m getting caught up on Arrested Development. Since Arrested Development is coming back for another season, hubs and I thought we should go back and re-watch from the beginning. I was never a faithful watcher, only catching the odd episode here and there. So, we’ve signed up for Netflix and are watching from the beginning. We are 2 episodes in and so far it’s pretty good!
5. After hitting CrossFit tomorrow morning and shopping for my workout equipment, my next biggest priority for this weekend is to get some SLEEP! Even though I need to get up to be a the Box by 9am, that still gives me about a 2 hour sleep in compared to usual, so I am quite excited about that. And Sunday we have no plans for anything at all, so hopefully we get a quality sleep in then. Nothing beats a good sleep!
Here’s to a good weekend!
Got any big plans?