CrossFit Newmarket Central moved from a small-ish 2000 square foot space to a brand new, wonderfully large, 9000 square foot space this past weekend.
Over the weekend I followed along on their Facebook page as the posted pics of the progress being made on the new space. It looks amazing and I can’t wait to see it live and in person tonight for my WOD.
Well, I was super excited to go to class tonight to check out the new, and definitely improved space….until I saw what the WOD is going to be:
There are just so many moves and so many reps! Here’s how I’m going to attack it:
- Box jumps – should be okay. I’ve done 20 inch jumps before (I’m pretty sure I’ve done 24 inch jumps before), so I will just try to count them off in sets of 10 and move on!
- Jumping pull-ups – I am thanking God these are not regular pull-ups! Jumping pull-ups give me a fighting chance. They are still hard for me, but at least I can do them. 50 won’t be fun, but again, hopefully I can crank them out in sets of 10.
- Kettlebell swings – 1 pood = 16 kilograms = 35.3 pounds. I think this is the yellow kettlebell, which I “graduated” to last time we had a WOD that had kettlebells in them. I’m pretty sure I can get through this one without too much trouble. I like kettlebell swings, so hopefully this is an easier one to cross off the list!
- Walking lunges – 50 is nothing compared to the 200m walking lunges carrying 10lb dumb bells I did in a WOD a few Friday’s ago, so this shouldn’t be too bad…at least its just the lunge, no weights!
- Knees to Elbows – UGH…I can’t do these yet, so will be doing either the “knees to boobs” version or the “knees to anywhere” version, depending how much energy I have left after the 200 reps I’ve already done to get to this point of the WOD. I just hope I don’t rip my hands again. Last time we did K2E, I ripped my left palm just a tiny bit and it only just finally healed.
- 45lb Push Press – I’ve only done these once before and managed to get up to 70lbs, for 1 rep…hopefully in can do 50 with the 45lb bar, or may scale to 35lbs…will see what my coach says.
- Back extensions – I haven’t done these before. No idea how hard or easy 50 of them might be. Guess I will find out tonight!
- Wall balls – I have done wall balls before…lots of them, but never with a 14lb ball. I think the max I’ve done is 12lbs maybe? Will have to look back in my WODBook and see. 50 with a 14lb ball towards the end of this workout might just be too much! Whatever weight I do go with, I will break it down into sets of 10 and try not to set the ball down between sets since that just means I will need to pick it up again. Instead, I will rest it between my chest and the wall when I take my breaks. A little trick I learned when watching Kristan Clever do the Open 13.3 on announcement night.
- Burpees – I can do burpees, sure, but 50 of them at the end of this is going to be pure hell. I will try to do sets of 10 and just survive.
- Double Unders – I haven’t practiced my double unders in quite a while. Damn…really wish I had kept that up now! I think I got to 16 in a row, maybe once. I will try to do 10 in a row and go from there.
Have you done the Filthy Fifty?
What was your time?
What move do you find the hardest?