Let’s get right to this week’s Friday Five.
1. The Whole Life Challenge starts tomorrow!
So, starting at midnight tonight I will be following some different food guidelines, doing some sort of work out every day, stretching every day, taking a fish oil supplement every day, and doing the weekly task every day. This week’s task is to drink half of our body weight in ounces of water. This task is a good one, since most day I know I don’t drink enough water.
I’m looking forward to the diet changes the most. I had a summer of poor eating and I’m looking forward to getting back to eating clean. There are quite a few things that are on the “not allowed” list (whole grains, white rice, potatoes, most dairy, sugar, alcohol), but the list of things I can eat is really big and I’m pretty sure I will be able to create lots of healthy, tasty meals using these ingredients. I’ve opted to do the Intermediate level. Here’s a quick guideline of what’s allowed or not. To see the full list, click here. I’m pretty much allowed any meat or veg I like, as long as it doesn’t contain any added sugar or artificial ingredients. Fruit is also allowed. YUM!!!
There is also a benchmark workout for the WLC as well. I’ll cover that in tomorrow’s post!
2. I will be hitting my cookbooks, Clean Eating magazines, and all the recipes I have found online and put into my Pocket, to find lots of delicious recipes that fit within the WLC food requirements. I can’t wait to get back to meal planning, grocery shopping, food prep and cooking. I did far to little of all of those things over the summer. Seriously, I can’t wait to hit the couch with my iPad and cookbooks and start finding all sorts of delicious things to eat.
3. I can’t wait to use my birthday present from my family. I got a Paderno World Cuisine Spiral Slicer.
I had seen if referred to on many blogs and I have wanted one for a while, When my birthday was approaching. I kept dropping hints to hubby, and like the great guy that he is, he got it for me! I opened it this morning. This came just in time for me to use for my Whole Life Challenge cooking and food prep. Since pasta is a no go on the WLC program, I can’t wait to turn zucchini, sweet potatoes, and anything else I can think of, into awesome noodles.
4. I have a massage later this afternoon, and I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!
My poor old bod is feeing it’s age these days. I am putting it through quite a bit at CrossFit and it’s letting me know it’s not too happy about some of it. I say too bad, body. Suck it up. I’m not quitting!
5. Lisa, at She’s Losing It, nominated me for a WordPress Family Award. If you don’t currently follow Lisa’s blog, be sure to go check it out. She is amazing. She has transformed herself from being 40lbs overweight to being a lean, mean, fitness model competitor. I am in awe of her determination, workout ethic, and self control when it comes to diet. I would love to have half of her levels of each.
I had never heard of this award before, but apparently it was created for bloggers who are part of the WordPress “family” and take the time to be supportive of other bloggers by giving positive feedback, answer questions and do so in a non-competitive way.
As with any award, there are a few rules to be followed:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. DONE!
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. DONE!
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family. DONE!
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them. (I will have to do that later…I’ve run out of time now!)
1. Not the fat kid in gym class anymore
2. Crazy, Sweaty Mommy
3. Chasing the Top
4. Little Runner Girl
5. Mommy Go Run
6. Taylor Made it Paleo
7. No Longer Working On It
8. Losing 50 Laps
9. Veggie Bento Love
10. Healthier, Happier, More Fit Me (this one really is family…it’s my sister’s blog!)
Phew! That was a long post!
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Got any big plans?
Anyone doing the Whole Life Challenge?