It’s been a while since I’ve had a Totally Random Tuesday, but today I seem to have a bunch of unrelated things to share, so it seemed fitting to bring it back today.
1. In case you missed it, I hit a Clean & Jerk PR yesterday! Finally got 100lbs over my head. My celebration was pretty subdued…a big smile and gave myself small little applause, then I unloaded my bar and got ready for Annie. Today, I have a constant reminder of my epic feat of strength: Pretty sexy bruise, huh! It’s a bit tender. I had a feeling I would have a bruise today since I could feel it last night as every clean pretty much landed in that one spot. Still, it surprised me this morning when I saw it in the mirror as I got ready for my shower. While it sucks to have the bruise, it tells me a few things about my cleans.
- The bruise is dead centre, so I’m pretty sure I am well balanced left to right on my lift.
- I think the bruise is a tad on the low side…I feel like I should be catching the bar higher. I will try to remember to ask my coach when I’m back to CrossFit. I’ve got a crazy week, so I’m not back to CrossFit until Friday. Hopefully the bruise will be gone by then, although, if it’s still there it will be a good reminder for me to ask!
2. Today’s Elf For Health challenge is to Unsubscribe. God knows we all probably get too much email. I know I do. While I can’t really cut back on the work-related email I get, I can for sure cut back on the other email that seems to clutter my Inbox. To help me tackle this challenge, I went to unroll.me. This is a nifty little site that gathers all your email subscriptions and then you decide if you want to keep it or get rid of it. I did 2 of my non-work accounts. In total I had 169 subscriptions! I unsubscribed to 64 of them, and put another 25 of them into what’s called a “rollup” that will lump them all together into one daily email. I’ll see how this rollup works and then might change it up a bit. For now, it feels good to purge a little, and maybe I won’t have so many unread email cluttering up my inbox.
Yes, that really is 870 unread emails in my Gmail account! Maybe I need to be a little harsher in what I unsubscribe from..I’m obviously not reading most of what gets sent to me!
4. Tuesday will suck a little less tonight at 6:15. That’s when I will be getting a much needed and well-earned massage. I’ve got a few aches and pains from CrossFit and hockey, and I can’t wait until my massage therapist Alaina works her magic on my poor old bod. Here’s a neat infographic I found about massage:
How’s Tuesday going for you so far?
Do you need to de-clutter your Inbox?