Hello world! I know it’s been a while since I posted and I’m feeling bad about that. I had good intentions to get back to regular blogging over the Christmas break, but then I just got too busy having fun and chillin’ that the blogging never quite happened. Oh well…I’m not going to stress too much about it.
Here we are a week into 2014 already! I have to tell you, 2013 FLEW by! Looking back, 2013 was a great year! I went back to my January 1 post from last year, to see what my goals for the year were and see how I did on them. Turns out I just made goals for January but I did pretty well on reaching them. My goals last January were:
- Lose 5lbs by March 5, 2013. ACCOMPLISHED! I hit that magic 20lb mark and have been more or less able to maintain it for 2013. Of course, the recent holidays were a bit of a challenge, but I’m slowly getting back on track and pretty much back to where I was pre-Christmas.
- Physical activity 5 times a week: ACCOMPLISHED! At the start of February last year I joined CrossFit with a 3 times a week membership. I played hockey one night a week and I”m pretty sure I was walking at lunch or doing at least one Bob Harper or Fitness Blender workout a week too.
- Eat only clean snacks for a month. PROBABLY! I can’t remember if I stuck to this one 100%, but I was pretty focussed on the whole workout and clean eating thing last year, so I’d guess I managed to do this one at least 90% of the time.
- No diet soda for a month. ACCOMPLISHED! I know I did this one, because I gave up pop for quite a while and didn’t really miss it. I switched to club soda for my afternoon bubble fix and really liked it. Eventually I did get back on the diet soda train, but for only one a day as opposed to the 3-4 a day that was starting to become the norm.
I had other goals that I wanted to achieve last year as well:
- Break 50 on my EWGA golf league night: ACCOMPLISHED! I managed to shoot a 46 one night…see here for the details.
- 20 Unbroken Double Unders: ACCOMPLISHED! I really didn’t practice as often as I should have, but i did manage to get 20 DU at some point, so adjusted my goal to 50 part way through the year. I still haven’t hit 50 yet, but did get 38 in a WOD at the end of November. 50 will come…i can feel it!
- Unassisted pull-ups: ACCOMPLISHED!!! This is a big one for me! August 16th was the big day. I’m still pretty pumped about this one…so much so that I’ll include the video again! Click the pic below to see it!
I haven’t been practicing these as often as I should either, but I have managed to maintain them and most days can do 10, broken down into sets of 3. I’ve set a new goal for these, but more on that in another post!
As I already mentioned, I joined CrossFit in 2013 and starting Feb 1, I attended 3 classes a week. I think this was the best thing I did for myself last year. I am totally addicted.
I look forward to each and every class I go to and I have gotten fitter and stronger with every class. I’ve still got a long way to go, but know if I keep at it, I will see results.
That was a quick look back at 2013. All in all, I’d say it was a pretty successful year. I can’t wait to see what 2014 had in store for me. More on that in my next post!
Have you gone back and assessed 2013?
Have you got big plans for 2014?