It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Life had been busy and I just don’t seem to have time, or the energy, to post all that regularly. Hopefully I will get you all caught up on what’s been going on with my in another instalment of Totally Random Tuesday.
1. I have bumped my CrossFit up to 4 times a week. This started when I got back from March Break. I’m loving the extra class, but my body sure felt it for the first few weeks. To help my body cope, I am trying to attend a Mobility Class each week. My hockey for the season has finished, which means I can go to CrossFit on Thursdays and there is a mobility class that I will try to regularly attend. I went for the first time last week and it felt good. Tomorrow I am going to do a WOD at 7pm and then hit mobility at 8. It should be a good stretch and I’m hoping it helps me make it through 4 days in a row at the Box. This week I will be going Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. so a good stretch might be just what I need to help me survive!
2. The Corona Crushers went to Brockville this past weekend for our annual tournament adventure. This is our 4th year going to this tournament. We always have a good time, and this year was no exception. Our game times were pretty good (10pm Friday night, 3pm Saturday afternoon, 9am Sunday and then finals 12:15 Sunday afternoon if we made it). We got smoked by a very good, young team on Friday night, but we didn’t let that bother out post game celebrations. We headed back to the hotel and did what the Crushers do best…we partied…hard! We finally went to bed at 5:30 or so Saturday morning! Good thing we didn’t play until 3! Despite the late night, we were up around 10:30 and hit a local diner for a great “morning after the night before” breakfast:
We did a bit of shopping and then we were back on the ice at 3. We won that game pretty easily and then got right back into party mode. We went out for dinner and then back to the room for more drinks, laughs and fun. Saturday was an earlier night, since we played at 9 and needed to win to make the finals. Sunday’s 9am game was another strong game for us and we did win, which meant we were in the finals at 12;15.
In the finals, we played the same team we played Friday night. They are a very strong team, and were much better than we were, and once again, they beat us quite handily…but we played a fantastic game. We played much better than we did Friday night, and even though we lost, we were pretty happy with our performance. We are already looking forward to next year’s tourney! Maybe next year we will do a better job lining up for the team photo!
3. I’m back to CrossFit tomorrow…after 4 days off. I’m a little nervous about how I will feel after being away from the Box for 4 days in a row. I did play 4 games of hockey during that time off, but it’s not the same as CrossFit! Tomorrow’s WOD looks like this:
For the last few weeks, the WODs have been different than we’ve been used to. There are now advanced, intermediate and beginner levels to the strength and usually the met con as well. This is following an Optimum Performance Training theory of programming. I’m not exactly sure what it’s all about or how it is better than what we did before, but I will trust my coaches that they know what they are doing and are programming so we can all make gains. I will either do intermediate or beginner tomorrow. I will decide after the coach gives her pre-WOD talk. So far, they’ve recommended we go one level below what we think we are until we get a feel for the new programming. If that is still the case, I will probably do Beginner. I’m sure it will still be a killer workout!
For the MetCon, I’m pretty sure I will row, since the driveway at the gym is a complete disaster after this brutal winter. There are giant potholes, heaves and dips all over the place. I don’t need to roll and ankle or wipe out during the run, so I think I will keep it safe and hit the rower. Can’t wait to get back at it.
4. Here’s a funny for anyone who has a cat: It’s funny, because it’s true! This has happened more than once at our house!
5. I have fallen off on my reading lately. I was going great guns until the last week of March and I haven’t read much at all since I finished my last book March 24. I just can’t seem to find anything that seems like something I want to read. I have no shortage of books available, as hubs got a jump drive with about 5000 books on it from someone at work. I just need to take some time to go through them all and find something that looks good.
Any suggestions on what I should read next?
Hope your Tuesday was Totally Random!