It’s late and I’m barely squeezing this post into Monday, so it will be short and sweet.
I was away for my golf weekend and had a really great time. We ended up coming third and if not for a couple of bogies towards the end of the round, we might have tied for first and then it would have gone to a scorecard playoff to see who would won. No idea how that would have gone, but it didn’t matter. Those bad couple of holes took care of that.
While I was away, I managed to get my miles in on Friday and Saturday.
- August 1: 10:34 (CrossFit route)
- August 2: 10:05 (cottage route)
- August 3: 10:14 (cottage route)
- August 4: 9:44 (cottage route)
- August 5: 9:41 (cottage route)
- August 6: 9:43 (cottage route)
- August 7: 10:10 (cottage route)
- August 8: 9:54 (cottage route)
- August 9: 9:30 (cottage route)
- August 10: 10:00 (Treadmill – set at 6mph)
- August 11: 10:00 (Treadmill – set at 6mph)
- August 12: 9:45 (through the neighbourhood in the rain. I just couldn’t face the treadmill again)
- August 13: 10:05 (neighbourhood route: not feeling the love on this one. My poor old body is tired!)
- August 14: 10:04 (CrossFit route)
- August 15: 10:00 (hotel treadmill)
- August 16: ?? (not too sure of time…ran around the hotel and neighbouring building’s parking lots after golf between Corona! It might not have been a mile, but at least I ran)
- August 17: Did not run – travel/recovery/rest day
- August 18: 10:00 (treadmill in the basement after CrossFit…really did not want to do this!
I really didn’t think today’s mile was going to happen. I’m still pretty tired from my weekend away and my body is still recovering from Thursday’s killer workout of Front Squat strength and Death by Thrusters for the MetCon. I just couldn’t drag myself out of bed early enough to run before work and I had no motivation to run after my WOD tonight (Thrusters for strength and Dumb Bell Fran as the WOD). But, as I sat on my bed after I got home from CrossFit, debating with myself whether to shower or run, I somehow managed to drag myself down to the treadmill and just got it over with. I was too worried since I didn’t run yesterday and if if I didn’t run today, it would be too easy to not run tomorrow either and that is not the trend I want to continue, so I sucked it up and did it. It was not fun, but it’s done..and who knows…maybe the miracle of not hating running is just around the corner!
DON’T GIVE UP!!!
Now, I’m off to bed. I’ve got a busy week ahead as I’ve got lots to do before Hubs and I head off to sunny St. Lucia for our 20th anniversary trip on Saturday morning!!!
Here’s to this week going by quickly!
How are your miles going?