1. It’s a long weekend! It’s Thanksgiving weekend for us in Canada, which means an extra day off on Monday. Woohoo!!! We are heading up to the cottage tomorrow afternoon, after my son’s hockey game. The weather is supposed to be pretty good so hopefully we can get our fall chores done and get out for our annual hike at Red Rock in some sunshine.
2. My Whole Life Challenge is going really well. We are 4 weeks into the challenge (and 4 to go) and I’m feeling good. The scale is showing some good movement and, more importantly, so is the tape measure! I’m sticking to the food plan 99% of the time, but allowing myself the odd treat if I really want it and just taking the point hit for it. I’m finding that by doing this, I don’t feel that I am sacrificing too much and don’t seem to be constantly thinking about things I can’t have. I enjoyed a delicious chai latte on the drive into work/school with my son this week and I didn’t feel the least bit guilty. That being said, I will have to decide how badly I want stuffing and pumpkin pie this weekend. I do have a few indulgence points that I can use, and I may just cash them in this weekend. I will se how I feel at dinner on Sunday and decide. I can probably skip the stuffing, but that pie…pumpkin is my absolute favourite, so I may just have to enjoy a piece!
3. I’ve had a great week at CrossFit. I was so sore after last Saturday’s anniversary comp (which was tough and fun a the same time), I was afraid to go back to class as I didn’t want the pain to get worse! But, I went to my usual Monday night class – which has clean and jerk strength work and a metcon of pull-ups, power cleans and thrusters (which I suck at) - and it actually helped the hurt. I felt pretty good after class. Wednesday I had a great class. There were only 2 of us at the 8:30 class, so I got lots of 1 on 1 attention from the coach and I did the WOD using more weight than I thought I could. It was tough, but awesome….and I think I have finally figured out how to get under the bar in the squat clean! I’m about to head to the box in a few minutes for today’s WOD. I’ve got deadlifts, L-sits, prowler pushes and pull-ups to look forward to.
4. This guy was very helpful while I worked from home today.
Thankfully, while I had a conference call he stayed curled up on the spare office chair, but since I started writing my blog post he has been all over me! He’s such a helpful little guy!
5. I can’t wait to sleep in tomorrow! I picked a late morning CrossFit class tomorrow so I can sleep in. I don’t have to be at the gym until 10:30. I plan on sleeping in a late as I can. That will probably mean about 8am, but that’s a lot later than usual, so I’m stoked about it. Now, I just want the rest of this day to be over so I can go to bed! How sad is that!
Happy weekend, all!
Got any big plans?
Enjoy your turkey and pumpkin pie if you are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend.