Today is the day! I’m off to Scottsdale, Arizona for my EWGA Cup golf weekend.
I’m traveling tonight with 2 other team members. We get to Scottsdale around 10pm local time. We’ve got a shuttle coming to get us to the condo (which is on the 9th green of the course!), and if our teammates who are already there know what is good for them, there will be a nice, cold Corona waiting for me!
I’m looking forward to playing a practice round tomorrow, hitting the driving range Saturday, and then competing Sunday and Monday. At some point in there I also hope to spend some time napping poolside!
The tournament organizers have a busy weekend lined up for us:
- registration Friday/Saturday
- rules meeting Saturday 5pm
- player reception Saturday night
- 10am Sunday – shotgun start first round matches (I start with 4 ball)
- Sunday – “Winder Wonderland Mixer” with entertainment by Shades of Grey. No idea who they are, but hopefully they will be good.
- 9am Monday – shotgun start second round matches (My singles match day)
- awards luncheon following matches
- Monday night – Casino night.
According to an update I got this morning from the girls who flew down yesterday, it’s a bit rainy today, but supposed to be nice starting tomorrow. Both weather apps I have on my phone concur:
I’m looking forward to a fun weekend of sun, golf, and a few laughs along the way. Can’t wait.
Now, just need the afternoon to fly by so I can get outta here!
Feel free to send positive golf vibes my way!