September just flew by and here we are at October 1st!
- Blog 3 times a week
- Eat well, get back to macro tracking
- Get 7 hours of sleep a night
So, here’s how I did:
- Blog: I didn’t quite hit my goal of 3 times a week, but I did mange to post 9 times in September, which is way better than I was doing in the summer. I also think this was pretty good since I was away for 5 days on my golf trip in there and didn’t even think about blogging then.
- Food/macros: I did eat somewhat better in September than I had been eating over the summer, but it was still not quite as clean/healthy as I would have liked. There were too many weekends away or with events that I let get in the way of my meal planning and grocery shopping, which I seem to need to stay on track food-wise.
- Sleep: Looking at my FitBit sleep record over the month of September, I was in bed for at least 7 hours for 26/30 days. However, I only managed at least 7 hours of sleep on 12 of those days, due to restless/awake periods during the night.
If I had to give myself a score on my September goals, I would probably give myself a 7/10. I was very mindful of each goal, tried my best, but still could have done better.
For October, I am going to keep these 3 things as goals for the month and add 2 more to the list. Both of my new additions are fitness related. One is driven by the monthly member challenge (MMC) at my gym, and the other comes from a friend doing another challenge.
- 20 minutes of mobility each day: This is the MMC for October at my CrossFit gym – CFNAC. Last month it was miles on the Assault Bike (I did not participate in that, but one member actually rode 600 miles in September – you are a machine Perry Doody!). This month’s mobility challenge seems more my speed, plus who can’t benefit from more mobility. I have signed up for the Intermediate 5 days a week option, but will try to do it every day if I can.
- Plank challenge: I saw this challenge this morning on my friend Marina’s Facebook page. She is a very good planker (is that even a word?). I am a very bad planker. This seems like a fairly quick and easy way to improve. It starts with a 20 second plank today and by the end of the month, will get us up to 5 minutes. Since I am horrible at planks, I figured it was worth a try.
My plan is to plank in the morning, first thing when I get out of bed, and do 10 minutes of mobility before I go to bed each night. The other 10 minutes of mobility I need will either be at the gym before/after class, or at work with a golf ball rolling my feet while I work at my desk. My feet have been getting crampy during WODs lately, so hopefully this will help stretch the out a bit and work out some of the kinks. (BTW, I have been rolling my feet out as I type out this post and it feels fantastic!)
Anyone else setting goals for October?
Anyone want to join in on the plank challenge?