It has been quite some time since I’ve done a Friday Five (apparently my last one was October 16!) Yikes! Oh well…let’s get to it.
- I am on vacation! Next week is March Break here in Ontario, and as has been tradition for the last 9 or so years, we are off to Okemo Mountain in Ludlow, VT for our annual ski week with friends and family. It should be an interesting trip, since the weather isn’t exactly cooperating for skiing. While Okemo makes snow and has some of the best conditions in the East right now, they can’t do much when it’s well above freezing! The snow is melting and the forecast continues to look warm for the week (those temps are in Celcius, by the way)
- From the slopes to the beach! When we get back from Okemo, we are home for a day or so, and then we are off to Cuba for a week of fun in the sun. We went to Cuba last year with some friends in May, and they wanted to go back. This week works well since Easter is in there, so the kids only miss a few days of school. We are going back to the same resort – Iberostar Mojito. It is not the best resort we have ever been to, but it’s cheap, clean and will do the trick. We had a good time there last year, so we’re pretty confident we will again. Two more families are joining us this year, so we are pretty much guaranteed to have a good time!. Can’t wait for this view again!
- We are smack in the middle of the CrossFit Open. Tonight I will be hitting Friday Night Lights at our gym to do 16.3.
This should be an interesting one, since I’m pretty sure I can’t do a bar muscle up. I’ve actually never done a jumping chest to bar pull-up either, so that will keep things fun! I’m thinking I will end up going scaled for this, although, there have been lots of video’s posted on the gym facebook page of people getting their first bar muscle ups, so I may have to take a little time to give that a try. I’m pretty sure I can be at least this graceful: (click the image to be taken to the video..it’s quite funny)
- I’ve been a reading machine! While my blogging record for the year has been pitiful, my reading game has been on point! I finished my 20th book early this morning (after midnight while reading before going to sleep). I’ve enjoyed all but one book that I read. I did not like book 19 – How Should A Person Be, by Sheila Heli. I just couldn’t get into it. I thought about stopping, but it was supposed to be good, and I saw it on a list of 21 books from the last 5 years every woman should by the Huffington Post, so trudged through. I was so happy to finally be done. In the end, I have no idea how a person should be!
- I’m hoping to stick to my macro plan while on vacation. I’ve been doing a pretty good job lately of sticking within my macro ranges. The scale has not been plummeting, but I’m feeling pretty good, sleeping like a rock, and feeling strong in the gym. I realize that there will be some indulgences on vacation (beer and Vermont Sharp Cheddar while at Okemo) and blender drinks in Cuba, but I’m hoping I can eat well around those treats. I’m also going to pack my workout gear for both trips. I know for a fact I will have to do at least 1 workout in Cuba since 16.5 happens while I’m there and scores need to be submitted before I get back. I’ve got my fingers crossed that it’s a simple workout since I’m going to be at the mercy of the resort gym. I’ve looked online, and from what I can tell, they have a rowing machine and some “free weights” which I hope means barbell and plates. Dave Castro, if you are reading this, please make 16.5 7 minutes of burpees, then I won’t need any equipment at all!
Happy Friday, everyone.
If you are doing the Open, how’s it going so far?