I don’t seem to be doing so well with my 3 times a week posting 😦 Oh well. Here’s a quickie post with some of the funny things I’ve seen on the web lately.
Did you see this about a guy, Steve Bergstrom, that ran the Chicago Marathon using his body as a personal ad? Click the picture to see the full story, or click here or here…but basically, he was single, wrote his deets on his back, and ran 26.6 miles. It seems to have worked and he’s been on a few dates so far!
It seems like this is one is a few years old, but I just saw it this week…and it’s adorable!
Happy Thursday, everyone.
Hope to see you tomorrow for a Friday Five!
I know I have been seriously MIA lately. Life is busy, what can I say!
I have been working, eating clean (for the most part), playing hockey, and CrossFitting (although I hurt my back, so that is causing a few issues). Hockey is now over and soon golf and ball hockey will start, making me even busier I’m sure!
I have been reading lots of blogs and posting to my Instagram account, but just can’t seem to find time to write a real blog post. Even today, I’m cheating and posting a thing from the web!
Came across this on Facebook today…kinda cool. Enjoy!
Oh, and I have just started to watch Game Of Thrones. Watched Season 1 Episode 1 during my lunch break today. Not crazy about how it ended!
Seen anything good on the web lately?
Are you watching Game of Thrones? Do you love it as much as everyone else seems to?
I feel like I should write a post today, but don’t really have much to say, so I will break out one of my favourite themes, and take the lazy way to getting a post out!
While cruising Facebook at lunch, I came across this video. I loved it.
In other news…I am going through a kitchen makeover. It is making cooking challenging. We had to completely empty our cupboards and they ripped out the counter on day 1..which I was not expecting. It’s supposed to be finished by Friday. Fingers crossed.
Here are some before shots:
And here are some shots from Day 1 of the demo.
We aren’t changing the layout or the actual cupboards (except for a few in the peninsula), but new facings for the doors and drawers, a new counter, new sink and faucet, and we are going to install a back splash. A friend of ours already installed pot lights and under cabinet lighting for us (I love you Dwight!).
Hopefully by Friday I can post some pics of the final product. I can’t wait to see how it all looks!
Have you lived through a kitchen reno? Got any survival tips?
This morning as I ate my breakfast at my desk and scrolled through my Facebook feed I saw a video that made me smile.
Hope you get a kick out of it too.
In other news, I am very behind in my Photo101 assignments. Ideally, I will catch up a bit when I go out for lunch today (since my family had seconds at dinner last night and I have no leftovers for lunch 😦 ), but more realistically I will play catch up on the weekend. I owe images for Connect, Landmark, The Natural World and Warmth. Hopefully I can get out at lunch and maybe find a few things that will fit.
I can smell the weekend coming!
I may have jumped the gun on my Things from the Web post earlier today.
I just saw this on Facebook, posted by CrossFit.
So far this hasn’t happened at my Box.
Anything like this happen at your CrossFit?
Here’s something I stumbled across this morning.
This guy sure has moves…
Have you got moves?
Happy Hump Day!
Hi all. It’s Thursday and we can see the weekend from here! Wohooo!
I’ve seen quite a few cool things on the web lately, here are just a couple that caught my eye this week.
1. I saw this on a friend’s Facebook page. Coca Cola has invented 16 different caps that can be used with an empty Coke bottle to give the bottle new life after the beverage is gone. Some of these look cool – too bad I gave up drinking pop in January. Not sure if we in Canada, or North America for that matter, will get to try them since the campaign is launching in Vietnam to encourage recycling, and then will roll our across Asia. Check out the article in AdWeek here.
2. One of my Alma Maters, Nipissing University, is giving RUSH an honorary degree at this year’s convocation ceremony. How cool is that? I actually didn’t go to my undergrad convocation ceremony. I went to Canada’s Wonderland instead. Looking back, I probably should have gone to convocation. I was the first one in my family to go to university and my parents likely would have wanted to see me graduate, but I was young and dumb and thought a day of roller coasters would be more fun. I did go on to get two more degrees and did go to both of those ceremonies, so my parents did get to see me walk across the stage in my cap and gown. I suppose if RUSH would have been at my undergrad ceremony I probably would have gone to Wonderland the next day!
Dr. RUSH! Source: Nipissing University Website.
Have you found anything interesting on the web lately?
This morning, when I was lying in bed having a lazy start to my day, I was poking around my Facebook feed and came across this video. It brought a smile to my face. I hope it does the same for you.
Be sure to watch right until the end and pay close attention to what the woman says. It’s hilarious!
I’ve been a very lazy blogger…more like an MIA blogger. Life has been busy and when I get a few spare minutes I don’t have any desire to turn on my laptop and write a post. Instead, I’ve been eating poorly and sitting on the couch getting caught up on The Americans (click here if you are in Canada or here if you are in the US to see what the show is all about. Not sure if either of those will work elsewhere around the world, but give them a shot!)
In keeping with my laziness, here are two cool things I found on the web.
1. Do you ever wonder about the structure of an ant colony. I will admit I’ve never given it much thought. But, after watching this, there is a lot going on under that pile of dirt. This is insane and produces some crazy-ass art.
2. GoPro cameras really are amazing. This video is not for the faint of heart. I cringed many times watching this. He suffered a few broken bones and needed some stiches. It could have been a LOT worse. I will add this to my long list of reasons why I will never jump off a cliff, or out of a plane.
Sorry for being so lame with my posts lately. Hopefully with some time off from work over the holidays I will find my blogging mojo again.
Until then, I will try to find some more cool things that I can lazily post!
Come on Friday and the start of my Christmas vacation!!!
Things from the Web has become my way to get a post out on days that I don’t have much to say, or I’m just too lazy. Today is a lazy day!
1. Since starting the Whole Life Challenge, I have been eating avocados a lot more regularly. I will buy a few on the weekend and then take them to work, to add to breakfast and lunch through the week. Here is a handy dandy guide for how to tell if your avocado is ready to eat.
This comes from Boxgrl81. Be sure to check out the full post that gives some info on why avocados are a great addition to your diet.
2. Here’s another one from Boxgrl81. The top 10 reasons why women should CrossFit. Love this!
3. I have been craving sweets in the afternoon, and so far have resisted the temptation to hit the jar of M&Ms in the office pantry. I am gong to make these little pumpkin snacks tomorrow in the hopes that they hit the spot.
They come from Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean, so they are healthy (she’s a Registered Dietician) and I’m sure they will be delicious. Be sure to check out her blog. She posts awesome recipes all the time.
Tonight is a double workout night – CrossFit at 7 and hockey at 9:30. Here’s what I’ve got waiting for me at the Box tonight.
I’m looking forward to the bench press. It’s one of my better lifts. Burpees and double unders. Awesome! I may have to do one of the scaled options since 10 burpees could take me almost the whole minute…especially as we get further into the WOD! I should be good and tired for my hockey game after all that!
Have you found anything interesting or informative on the web lately?
Do you have any healthy and tasty pumpkin recipes? ‘Tis the season!
And remember….there’s nothing cooler than a strong woman!