Well, once again, despite my plan to write at lunch, it didn’t happen. So now, here I am, at 11pm, writing a quick post before I go to bed. I’m pulling out Totally Random Tuesday so I don’t have to have a cohesive thought! Yes, I’m lazy 🙂 Here we go:
- I won the October MMC at my gym! The challenge was to pick a mobility level and stick to it for the month. I went with 5 days a week, and most weeks actually did 6 days. At the end of the month, they did a random draw among those who met their goal, and I won! That’s worth $50 at the gym Pro Shop. I can’t wait to go CrossFit shopping! Wohoo!
- I’m on book 27 of my goal of 30 for the year! I’m currently reading another Liane Moriarty book, The Last Anniversary. It’s pretty good…good enough that once I start reading while I eat my lunch, I can’t stop and end up reading for my whole lunch break and don’t get any blogging done! Oh well, it’s not like I’m wasting time just surfing the web, so it could be worse! I’ve also go my next books lined up from the library in ebook format:
- Carry On, by Rainbow Rowell. I’ve read all of her other books and really enjoyed them, so I’m looking forward to reading this one, that was just recently released.
- Dear Life, You Suck, by Scott Blagden. No idea what this is about, but saw it on the feature table at Chapters and thought it was a funny title, so figured it would be worth a shot.
- When you eat to macros, you eat some crazy combinations of food! I mentioned the other day that the new MMC at the gym is to track food every day and to come within 5 grams of your target for carbs, fats and proteins. This is great, and is just the thing I need to stick to my healthy eating goal. It also means that I am trying harder to hit my actual targets than I might normally if I wasn’t accountable to the challenge. And, to hit targets, I have been eating the strangest combinations of food at the end of the day. Yesterday I had ham slices, a piece of cheese, and some jalapeno stuffed olives. Today it was ham slices, olives, and a skinny cow chocolate & peanut butter ice cream sandwich. While it’s nice to be able to snack at the end of the day, it’s not ideal, because I’m finding I don’t really want to eat at that time, and it feels like I’m eating just for the sake of eating rather than actually wanting to eat. I will need to work on my food “scheduling” to use up more of my macros during the day. Wish me luck!
Well, that’s about it. I’m off to bed to read more of my book. I need to find out what the mystery is behind the couple that disappeared!
How was your Tuesday?
Read any good books lately?