Wohoo! Made it to another weekend 🙂 I started this post on Friday, but didn’t quite finish. I got to #2 and picked up at #3 Saturday night. Here goes…
1. I have hit my reading goal for 2014! After staying up way too late reading every day this week, I hit my 24 book goal. I’m hoping I can keep on rolling through December and add a couple more titles to the list. Check out what I’ve read here https://mypursuitofhappinessandskinnyjeans.wordpress.com/books-read-in-2014/ and feel free to suggest some books I should add to my reading list.
2. I’m loving my new CrossFit kicks! Both the nano4s and my lifters ares awesome…and I seem to have started a new trend…the #footsie. Check out Reebok Canada’s instagram post:
3. The AirDyne is the devil! Friday’s WOD was snatch balance work and then squat snack or hang power snatch, depending on what your ability. I did the HPS since the snatch is not my best lift, so rather than push it with a squat snatch, I just worked on getting a solid lift from the hang. It felt good and I’m happy with my progress. After the snatch work, it was time for the MetCon…10 minutes on the AirDyne, 12 seconds max watts, 48 seconds recovery. Oh. My. God! It was hell. By the end of the 10 minutes I could barely pedal that bad boy for 12 seconds. My ass was killing me and I’m very afraid of how I’m going to feel walking tomorrow! I guess that’s why they call the AirDyne Satan’s Tricycle.
4. I need to get my golf stuff organized. I’m off to Arizona on Thursday! I can’t believe it’s only 5 days. I have not swung a club since September. I’m not even sure where all of my golf stuff is! Guess I better spend some time tomorrow getting my stuff together, figuring what I’m taking with me, and I should probably hit Golf Town and buy some golf balls! I’m nervous and excited to head south, out of this cold weather that has hit, and play a few rounds of golf.
5. I made the most delicious pasta dish for dinner tonight. French onion soup pasta from Katie at The Rose Record. Oh my god….so delicious. It seemed to take forever to caramelize the onions, but totally worth it. So awesome. Make this dish soon!
Okay…now it’s late and I’m off to bed. I have a date with the design team at Home Depot tomorrow morning at 10am to talk kitchens.
How’s your weekend going? Let’s hope tomorrow goes by nice and slow…