I had this post all roughed out Thursday night in my notebook, and then just never got around to writing it yesterday. I spent Friday afternoon at the mall (more on that later), hit the 4:30 CrossFit class, and then went out for chicken wings with friends for dinner, so getting this post done just didn’t happen. That’s okay. I will write it today and instead of a Friday Five, I’ll go with a Saturday Six!
1. We carved our pumpkins today. Nick and Rory took the easy way out and drilled a bunch of holes in their pumpkins, but Jacko and I took our pumpkin carving duties seriously. I went poop emoji and Jacko went Minion. We were both pretty pleased at how they turned out.
2. October is coming to an end and so are my challenges. The plank challenge just did not happen 😦 but my mobility challenge was awesome 🙂 I spent at least 20 minutes just about every day either foam rolling or using a lacrosse ball. It was awesome. It feels so good and I’m really hoping that I can keep this up even though the challenge is over. Most nights I roll before I get into bed and read while I roll out my back and legs. After a month of rolling I am surprised at how much my back still cracks when I roll it out. I would have thought by now the creaks would have been rolled away!
3. November Member Challenge has been announced. Now that October is over its time for a new Monthly Member Challenge at CFNC. November’s challenge is to log everything you eat into My Fitness Pal every day. This will be a piece of cake for me as I just hit a 400 day streak on MFP. The powers that be at the gym know there are a number of us that already log daily and track macros, so for us, the challenge has been kicked up a notch. For this group, the challenge it to come within 2g for each macro (carbs, protein and fat) every day and to actually have perfect macros 2 days a week. This will definitely make it a much tougher challenge. I’ve been paying more attention to what I’ve been eating and sticking to clean choices most of the time, but I haven’t been all that close on my macros for quite a while. I tend to go over on fat and fall short with carbs and protein. This should be an interesting month as I try to come within 2g every day and getting 2 perfect days a week will certainly keep things interesting. If any of you out there are on MFP and would like to follow along, feel free to “friend” me, I’m CathyO13 on MFP.
4. I’ve lined up some good eats for next week. Knowing I will need to eat pretty healthy for the next month for MMC, I’ve got a few tasty meals lined up:
Guy Fieri’s Stuffed Acorn Squash with Turkey Sausage from Clean Eating Magazine. I have made this before and it is delicious. It is currently lined up for dinner Monday night. I can’t wait!
I also found a recipe online that looks yummy and is on the menu for Wednesday night. Paleo Pumpkin Curry by Fed and Fit. (photo from Fedandfit.com)
I’m already looking forward to dinners next week!
5. They say “Go big, or stay home”…so I went BIG! I mentioned earlier that I spent Friday afternoon in the mall…well, I was at the Apple Store getting a new phone! I went big and got the 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold. It’s big, it’s beautiful, and I’m loving it. It is significantly bigger than my old iPhone 5, but I can actually see things on it. My old eyes were struggling with small stuff on my old phone. Not the best picture since I took it with my ancient iPad, but here’s my new beauty on the left and my old 5 on the right.
6. I haven’t had any Halloween treats yet! Hubs bought a ton of Halloween candy last weekend. Not usually a good thing for that much candy around this place as it usually all gets eaten before Halloween if we get it early. To try to make sure that didn’t happen, I hid it all before the kids saw it and Rory didn’t know where I put it either. Today I got it out just before the little trick or treaters started knocking at the door. I had told myself that I could have 5 pieces of candy tonight, but I would need to do 10 burpees before each piece. So far, it’s 11pm, and I haven’t had a single piece! I even have room for a piece or two in my macros, but I just don’t feel like it. But I really should find something else to eat. I have 30g protein, and 14g of fat left for the day. I guess as soon as I hit Publish, I’m off to the fridge to eat some strange combination of food to try to hit those targets!
Well, that’s about it.
Hope you had a good Halloween….and did something more exciting tonight than writing a blob post! 🙂