So a while ago Facebook started showing you “memories” from previous years on whatever day it is. I’ve been getting a kick out of those as it’s a nice trip down memory lane, and it’s been reminding me of not only good times I’ve had with friends and family, but also good eats that I’ve made in the past and forgotten about. Here are some of my recent “foodie” memories. Most of these recipes are listed on my “recipes you have to try page”, but I’ve also provided links to the recipes below.
- Lean Green Bean Frozen Peanut Butter Cups.
These little beauties are quick and easy to make, and since I made them in a mini muffin tin, I don’t feel the least bit guilty about enjoying then as an afternoon treat at work or at night while watching tv. I currently have some in my freezer at home and at the office! Find the recipe here.
- Clean Eating Mediterranean Veg & White Bean Pasta.
This is a delicious and quick pasta dinner. It’s loaded with veggies and the feta cheese is a nice tangy topping. Find the recipe here. I like this one since it usually gives me 2 leftover meals for lunches at work.
- Clean Eating Mongolian-Style Beef Crepes
The bundle of deliciousness popped up in my memory feed this week and I am definitely adding it to next weeks menu when I do my meal planning this weekend. I had totally forgotten about these, but do remember how tasty they were and I’m looking forward to making them again. Find the recipe here.
- Clean Eating Spaghetti Carbonara with Chicken Sausage
I had totally forgotten about this recipe too. I went through quite a phase of cooking from Clean Eating magazine when I first started trying to eat better and exercise more. I made this last Sunday and it was even better than I remember it. So good and it will definitely not be another 3 years before I make this again.
- This last memory is not food related, but friend related. For the last 5 years, in early April, I have gone to Brockville to play hockey with my best girls. This year, we were initially planning to go to Nashville for a tourney instead, but that fell through as it became a bit too expensive and people figured the hockey would get in the way of our drinking. So, we changed to a tourney the same weekend in Niagara Falls. All was good, except 2 weeks before the tourney, it got cancelled 😦 It seems lots of teams said they were coming and then never sent their cheques in, so the organizer cancelled. We couldn’t do Brockville this year because many of the girls had other commitments that weekend and we didn’t have enough to ice a team. So, we didn’t get our tourney weekend in this year. That made us all a bit sad, because the Corona Crushers really know how to have a good time at a tourney. Here’s the memory that came up this week from last year’s tourney. Love you crazy chicks. xo
I’m sure I will be making more memories this weekend as it’s the Third Annual Jelly Bean Ball – a fundraiser my friend has for Community Living. If history repeats itself, and I’m sure it will, we will eat, drink, dance and be merry until the wee hours of the morning. Can’t wait!
Happy weekend! The weather in the Toronto area is finally looking like spring. As soon as I hit publish I’m heading to the back deck to enjoy a nice, cold Corona! Cheers!
Are you enjoying the Facebook memory feature?